Steeda LCA review

sftdyna

Established Member
Figured I would give a quick review on these in case someone is on the fence. Installed them in about an hour. Poly on both ends. I went with the Steeda setup mainly because of their bold claim to have no NVH and as hard as it may seem to believe they are quiet as stock! Car definitely feels better planted around turns and inspires a bit more confidence. If your as anal as I am when it comes to noise and vibration these are the LCA for you.

OaktownACE

Established Member
Very happy to hear that you are enjoying your LCA's!

Thank you for the feedback & review ... if you ever need anything ... feel free to email at [email protected].

Best Regards,

TJ

I love the look but my installer keeps telling me that the squeak I'm hearing is normal. Everything I've heard from Steeda is that the uca and lca should not squeak. Sure a little NVH, but no squeak. Pretty frustrating.

MR.SVT

Established Member
Have had mine for over a year with no issues.....Have been using Steeda for many many years with no complaints.....

sftdyna

Established Member
I love the look but my installer keeps telling me that the squeak I'm hearing is normal. Everything I've heard from Steeda is that the uca and lca should not squeak. Sure a little NVH, but no squeak. Pretty frustrating.
All poly style bushings should be greased from time to time. My first guess would be its time!

sftdyna

Established Member
Very happy to hear that you are enjoying your LCA's!

Thank you for the feedback & review ... if you ever need anything ... feel free to email at [email protected].

Best Regards,

TJ

Tj, I'm not a brand loyal guy, and what actually led me to your product was the fact that your product didn't induce NVH, which to me means everything. Ive used other lowers some of which are pushed hard on these boards and I've always been disappointed at the drivetrain noise and vibration I've gotten. Im not hard on my car and have never experienced wheel hop but i do love pushing the turns and here in NY most turn aren't smooth so i was tired of the skipping feeling i was getting. Your arms alone made a decent improvement. Its really great to see they performed as advertised.

OaktownACE

Established Member
All poly style bushings should be greased from time to time. My first guess would be its time!

Problem is that it's only 2-3 weeks after install!

I fully expect to have to regrease in a couple years. Steeda guys say never, but never is a long time. I am accepting of regreasing in a couple years, but they sure as heck shouldn't be squeaking already!

sftdyna

Established Member
Problem is that it's only 2-3 weeks after install!

I fully expect to have to regrease in a couple years. Steeda guys say never, but never is a long time. I am accepting of regreasing in a couple years, but they sure as heck shouldn't be squeaking already!

no way were they greased enough! i installed mine last week made sure they were torqued correctly had the rear end supported at normal ride height! Also drove the car the other day when it was 29 degrees out and they were quiet as stock! go over the install yourself! we just ordered another set of lowers for my buddies car because he can't take the increased NVH from his current set up.

OaktownACE

Established Member
Oaktown,

Did you grease the FACE of the bushings before the install?

Best Regards,

TJ

I paid GalpinAuto Sports to install them because I wanted to make sure it was done right. It has been an interesting experience with them with the latest comment being, "they are poly bushings so they are going to squeak, that's how it is." I don't believe that given others experiences and everything I've been told by Steeda.

I take what they said as a cop out for not doing it right and trying to cut me off so I stop bothering them. The car is at the shop for the 4th time in 3-4 weeks because they refused to check the pinion angle until I pressured them after calling Steeda, regreasing the left lower control arm and now again for squeaking of the uca. It's painful and it has taken something fun and made it a hassle.

sftdyna

Established Member
I paid GalpinAuto Sports to install them because I wanted to make sure it was done right. It has been an interesting experience with them with the latest comment being, "they are poly bushings so they are going to squeak, that's how it is." I don't believe that given others experiences and everything I've been told by Steeda.

I take what they said as a cop out for not doing it right and trying to cut me off so I stop bothering them. The car is at the shop for the 4th time in 3-4 weeks because they refused to check the pinion angle until I pressured them after calling Steeda, regreasing the left lower control arm and now again for squeaking of the uca. It's painful and it has taken something fun and made it a hassle.
It definitely blows when you pay good money and get sh.. service! There is only one thing to do when you have been treated like this, Spread the word!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread