Steeda Fox Body project car!

racermatt

Established Member
Steeda is thinking about doing a naturally aspirated push rod Fox Body build up. Any suggestions or ideas you guys would like to see from us?

Last edited:

racermatt

Established Member
I'm not sure at this point if it's going to be 302 or 351 based but I am going to highly advise we stay away from the production 302 blocks.lol

Fox 5.0

Established Member
Things I would like to see:

-keep it 302 based, its the route most owners would probably go with
-personal preference, go with a GT hatchback, lol

Thats about it, looking forward to seeing what the outcome is. Maybe it'll give me some good ideas!

wheelhopper

Established Member
If it is going to be more of a road course car I would go with a hatch style. It is just easier to get to everything if you have a roll bar/cage in it.

nelzsvt

Established Member
Yeah. Build my wagon for me. 1985 ltd wagon. Basically a street wagon. I want a long rod 351 roller cam engine with EEC-iv fuel injection. Put a t56 and a cobra terminator irs. Of course it will have cobra brakes all around. In the back put custom powdercoated cobra r's with the back spacing for a fox body. Up front use the regular cobra r back spacing. Original ford wheels of course. Use hydro boost out of a 1984 Lincoln continental with a modified brake pedal for the straight push rod. Get some 79-82 foxbody gt recaros reupholstered to match. It's all in my head.

nelzsvt

Established Member
Yeah. Build my wagon for me. 1985 ltd wagon. Basically a street wagon. I want a long rod 351 roller cam engine with EEC-iv fuel injection. Put a t56 and a cobra terminator irs. Of course it will have cobra brakes all around. In the back put custom powdercoated cobra r's with the back spacing for a fox body. Up front use the regular cobra r back spacing. Original ford wheels of course. Use hydro boost out of a 1984 Lincoln continental with a modified brake pedal for the straight push rod. Get some 79-82 foxbody gt recaros reupholstered to match. It's all in my head.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/fox-body-mustangs-352/911674-new-guy-here-foxwagon-project.html

Users who are viewing this thread