Steeda Catted X pipe... tune NECESSARY?

slick3

Established Member
I ask because im about to get this thing installed tomorrow.... Have a tuner coming in the next week but want to take my car into service before I flash it. Is it safe to drive with this thing as a DD for a week or 2? I dont want to burn the cats up or anything. Any insight would be appreciated.

This is the one... although the piece I got does not represent that picture at all....w/e

http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-high-flow-x-pipe-with-cats-515-1112gt/

scotmach

Established Member
There's a very good chance it will still throw a CEL due to the cats but it wouldn't be a problem to drive it until you get a tune on it.

Honestly though that's a lot of coin to spend on something that will give you little to no gains.

slick3

Established Member
There's a very good chance it will still throw a CEL due to the cats but it wouldn't be a problem to drive it until you get a tune on it.

Honestly though that's a lot of coin to spend on something that will give you little to no gains.

Going to do this setup with shorties. I cant stand the smell of catless and it would be far too loud for my 5 am work departure out of my complex :)

Thanks for your insight! BTW I picked it up for $400 :D so not AS BAD as full pop.

Users who are viewing this thread