Steeda CAI

compcobra

Established Member
Thinking of purchasing a Steeda cold air intake. Any thoughts or opinions of which intake performs and fits well and also looks good.

hj16

Established Member
Steeda, KN FIPK, JLT, AR..... they all yield relative results.... Make your decision on price and looks.... long as the filter is 9" or larger and it has a heat sheild it doesnt matter much.

compcobra

Established Member
The motoblue intake from rpm outlet looks fairly similar to the steeda intake but has a velocity donut. Does the steeda intake have a velocity donut and if does, what does the velocity donut do for performance?

hj16

Established Member
I dont think the Steeda does, all it does is give more surface area, but when you go to the track and pull out the headlight itll allow you to pull in the outside air easier sorta acting like a ram air

mikes03SVT

LSwhat hmm?
Established Member
actually the "doughnut" as everyone likes to call it is probably on every cold air kit. My example is this I just reacently purchased 2 cold air kits one bieing steeda and the other being mac straight. On the ss you have to bolt the doughnut up to the plate and then the filter clamps on to it. Onthe steeda the doughnut is made as part of the filter. hope I explained that well?

Users who are viewing this thread