Steeda CAI Install Results

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
I know there have been a bunch of posts about this but I figured I'd throw in my experience since people ask a lot.

First off, took 2 to 3 weeks to get one since Steeda has been back ordered on them. so if you order one try to find a place that has it in stock and is not drop shipping it from Steeda unless you like waiting.

My experience will probably differ on the install since I had an unexpected minor complication.

My shock tower brace which nearly pins the eaton down
also pins the air intake tube. So I had to completely
disassemble the mass air flow(4 bolts) and
use my metric sledge hammer to pull the bits and pieces out.

Sure, coupld have undone the brace but that seemed like more work. As it was only added about 3 minutes to the install.

(damn that stock plastic cai is huge)

Anyway I was able to completely assembly the stock intake tube
and the steeda bracket (minus the filter) as one piece.

Slid in with no problems, screwed right back in place. Popped
the filter in no biggie.

Looks like about 1 1/4 inches to the ac line so hopefully no rubbing there.

Whole install, probably 10 to 15 minutes going slow and taking breaks to admire the engine.

Throttle response might feel a little different not sure yet, noticed the sound of the engine is different though. Not sure whether I can "feel" the extra hp or not.

Overall, relatively painless, although there complete and hassle free install would be a real hassle if you had to move the ac lines as they suggested (if you get rubbing). hell with that if you have that problem, just cut the bracket, its not all that thick anyway.

as usual, your mileage with the steeda cai install, may vary.

Grey03

Established Member
I like my steeda CAI and if you go to the track remove the headlight, this make a big difference.

Users who are viewing this thread