Steeda CAI and other stuff

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
I just ordered a Steeda CAI, new wires, and the rear engine mount:thumbsup: A buddy of mine has a bone stock euro like mine with only the CAI and a catback, the thing grabs second and third without trying. It feels almost slower(but its not), because a lot of the bog went away so you dont feel the low-high surge as abruptly.:rockon: Anyone else have good luck with this? I never saw that much difference in a AEM or some of the other dozen or so CAI's:shrug:

Im also getting the aftermarket superchips reflash and maybe a TB if it makes a difference. I doubt a cat-back does much without changing cats first. After that, definately a new flywheel, the stock one is a monster to spin. Reducing 7 lbs in a mustang fw made a HUGE difference, this one will take away 13 on a low-torque 4-banger, should rock.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I am thinking of doing the ram air and the short throw shifter. Let me know how your mods go.

Lupuri

Smack that ass bitch!
Established Member
First thing I plan on doing is going with a new flywheel and pressure plate. Im not happy at all with Ford's and am interested to see whats out there. the TB should be interesting, although the AF when I dynoed seem kinda lean.

god, I love my foci, I want it fixed right sooo BAD!!

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Damn i got it in 3 days, the motor mount is on backorder though :( I'll try to put it on this weekend I'm off tomorrow but, MUST........GO........GOLFING

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Kevin, did you put the CAI on yet? If so, is it worth it? What gains did you get (eg: mpg, power, etc)

thanks

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
My lazy ass still has it in the trunk:p I have driven one with it, it makes a decent difference in low end, and eliminates the obnoxious 'spool-up' feeling a little bit to seem more linear through the lower gears. In his, I've driven it before and after, and with normal spirited driving I accidentally catch second gear everytime without trying. Steeda has the engineering power to make good, well tested products rather then "make it look good, and make it fit sorta-kinda" that other companies seem to have. After all my stangs, if they have the modded part, I just order thiers.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
I was extremely happy with my 98 Steeda SC vert, so I know their quality and parts.

I will order the CAI and short throw shifter. I cant stand that "spooling up" feeling in first. I often over rev to compensate for it.

thanks for the advice.

I am sure mine will be in before yours :)

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Originally posted by FordSVTFan
I was extremely happy with my 98 Steeda SC vert, so I know their quality and parts.

I will order the CAI and short throw shifter. I cant stand that "spooling up" feeling in first. I often over rev to compensate for it.

thanks for the advice.

I am sure mine will be in before yours :)

I still have stuff from 2 cars ago laying around:p The car launches best with a 3500rpm rev-hold and feathering out rather then dumping the clutch at the track. But I'm sick of doing it at every intersection.

Lugi 98 SVT

Established Member
I have the Steed Short Ram and it definately made a difference on my car.
Better throttle response, nice sound and a little more pick-up.
For 149$ it was definately worth it

Users who are viewing this thread