Steeda Boss Springs hurt..

Unrealford

Established Member
I've never lowered any of my Mustangs so I have a question about different springs.
I typically drag Race the Boss in summer and its setup already pretty good for drag racing.
If I add Steeda Boss lowering springs will it hurt the performance any?
I'm pulling great 60 fts (1.65-1.7s) on drag radials.im hoping the Springs won't hurt weight transfer on launching..any input would be nice.

Unrealford

Established Member
After reading some post around different forums, I might just do the rear, my goal was to change the look.
I haven't road tracked the car,but intend to try it for sure.

LostPony

Established Member
I would think doing just the rear might hurt the performance on a road course if you ever decide to try that. Springs should be matched to work together from front and rear.

65sohc

Established Member
The Steeda rear springs are slightly stiffer than stock-I think 9 lbs./in. I doubt this will have a deleterious effect on handling. I haven't noticed any, though I haven't tracked it. As far as drag racing, the rear drop is slightly less than an inch. I would try it first and if you find your 60 ft. times are worse you can always install some LCA relocation brackets.

Unrealford

Established Member
I'm down to 1.65 60fts, unfortunately a couple bad shifts otherwise a good 11s run.
Hoping the springs won't her performance next year.
yguda6ud.jpg

tj@steeda

Established Member
It will not hurt drag launches.

I would recommend our relocation brackets and a good set of LCA’s for good consistent drag launches.

Please let me know if I can help assist with anything further?

Best Regards,

TJ

Users who are viewing this thread