STEEDA 5 Link vs Torque Arm and Panhard Bar

germeezy1

Established Member
This is simply not true. Maximum Motorsports have plenty of suspension components that they themselves claim do not belong on a street car. It's debatable that a fully prepped Griggs Mustang is better or faster on the track than a fully prepped MM Mustang. Let's see some tech on your claims...

Those are part of their Maxium Motorsports street systems? You do realize that Griggs does not have basic street level systems like MM does right? Griggs isn't the only game in town , and I never said anything of the sort. I have seen both systems outside of the box before they go on a car, and I did not make up anything that I said.

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
Those are part of their Maxium Motorsports street systems? You do realize that Griggs does not have basic street level systems like MM does right? Griggs isn't the only game in town , and I never said anything of the sort. I have seen both systems outside of the box before they go on a car, and I did not make up anything that I said.

I missed the first point of your post. However, I still don't think the GR40 can be called the ideal road race suspension for a Mustang. Good. Even great. But ideal is certainly debatable. It's in the same category as claiming that the best tire, or the best spring rate, or the best intake exists. It's a relative claim usually clouded with bias.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I just go off of how many record they hold lol.. Does MM have a SLA?? Nope, Watt-link?? nope.. Both better and more Ideal for road racing..

germeezy1

Established Member
I missed the first point of your post. However, I still don't think the GR40 can be called the ideal road race suspension for a Mustang. Good. Even great. But ideal is certainly debatable. It's in the same category as claiming that the best tire, or the best spring rate, or the best intake exists. It's a relative claim usually clouded with bias.

Ideal is relative, and I was saying that it was ideal in comparison to the MM Maximum Grip setup for a track car. A Griggs GR40 system even without the Watts link or SLA front will handle better, and be a lighter weight system than the MM system wil be. We have access to all of the major suspension companies including Cortex, as well as Whiteline so their is no bias in what I say.

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
Records eh? Let's see some comparisons, cause I'm only seeing generalizations. SLA and Watts link on a Mustang? The advantages are certainly minor at best. Every brand has its zealots.

Look, I'm just saying, six in one, half a dozen in the other. It's spurred my interest enough to pop of to CC to see for myself. I have a feeling the info is going to support my claims. Ideal is a relative term.

VenemousStang

Established Member
I have mac longtubes, prochamber, and bassani catbak on the car. I know i will have to do some modification on the prochamber to fit the torque arm but does anyone know or have experience with the panhard bar and the bassani catback? if there will need to be any modification there also?

thasalvoo

Hey Venemous this is Sal from Steeda. I think i spoke with you the other day. Feel free to give me a call if you have any other questions!

VenemousStang

Established Member
deicided to upgrade the struts as well so went with the koni yellows on all four corners. Have heard nothing but good things about them

slvr35th

Established Member
i run the ta and phb on my mach and absolutly love it! i have adustable lowers with the ta springs and coil overs upfront. you will be very happy with this setup! Also mm has great customer service, they have been great to me even though i dont buy directly through them. Oh i also have 685hp and 575tq or say it did, F1A is in the mail!!

mj42

UNDERDOG
Established Member
i run the ta and phb on my mach and absolutly love it! i have adustable lowers with the ta springs and coil overs upfront. you will be very happy with this setup! Also mm has great customer service, they have been great to me even though i dont buy directly through them. Oh i also have 685hp and 575tq or say it did, F1A is in the mail!!

how does it ride on the street with bumps and pot holes...

Users who are viewing this thread