Stay KB or go on3?

musclemustang65

NA again
Established Member
I'm looking at building and forging my 02 2v that already has a KB 2.1 Mammoth. I'm looking at staying KB and making about 600 rwhp or changing to an On3 turbo and making 650-700Rwhp.
I've heard good things recently about the new kits so I'm torn between the two.

stop2go41

Established Member
I think it comes down to budget and your desired end state. If you are looking at 600 RWHP I would stay with the KB, why spend the extra $$ for just a small gain. If your looking to go for more power then just get a bigger blower. If you actually drive your car on a regular basis I would def say keep a blower set up, if you know someone that works on cars for a living ask them about how many issues turbo cars have. A blower does not have as many components to go wrong. I lot of folks swear there car has no issues and that may be true but a shop can give you better idea of reality that your facing. If it is not driven a lot then it comes down to preference.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
turbo so you dont have to battle IAT2's when you spin the super charger.

Also with a turbo you arrent using power to make power. You arent turning a supercharger. God i hate my whipple sometimes.

sleepermobile2

Established Member
Not sure about the 2v cars, but I have a 2.1 KB on my 4v. It's making 600 exactly with e85 . It's a stock heads, cams car nothing special, it's just built strong. I'm having the engine freshened up this week. So I'm in the same situation as you are . I'm trying to get into the 9s and can't figure out which way to go either. I was thinking turbo but it's a street car with a 6 speed so I've read it's a bad combo ?? I've been looking for a complete kit to do the eaton swap but can't find one. I have no clue what I would need to do the swap, it looks like 2500-3000 for the parts then 2-5k for a bigger blower used . I'm thinking a big shot of nitrous is my answer ....

Users who are viewing this thread