Stationed in TX!! HELP!

GIJOEBRUIN

Established Member
I just got to Laughlin Air Force Base in Del Rio, TX! There is nothing here to do while I wait for my pilot training class to start. Any Cobra owners out here or even near here?? What a change from Los Angeles. I see some LS1 guys roaming around on the base, but there has to be at least one Cobra owner in Del Rio!

ANyone?:shrug:

Joseph

GIJOEBRUIN

Established Member
I was just asked to run by an ls1 owner with some bolt-on mods!

Originally posted by DRIVINGLESSON
There are a few of us running on Sheppard AFB in wichita falls

How far are you from Del Rio?

Blade

Just browsing....
Established Member
LOL! Welcome! You are right, this place sucks. I'm sure I've seen your car around town. I saw a black 03, but have only seen it driving so didn't notice the 10th Anniv wheels. There used to be a Sonic Blue 03 that belonged to an IP or a student, but I think he's PCSd. There used to be a white 97 Cobra, but haven't seen it in a while either. For a small town, there are some surprisingly nice cars. I have seen a Viper GTS, Lotus Esprit turbo, Porsche 911 turbo (2001 or newer), up to three Z06s and another Supra turbo that is pretty modified (mine's mostly stock). The white Supra in town is owned by a high school kid and not a turbo.

Oh and Sheppard AFB is over 7 hours driving time. It takes 7+ to get to FTW/Dallas and Wichita Falls is beyond there.

Kevin

Last edited:

GIJOEBRUIN

Established Member
Kevin,

Are you stationed here in Laughlin? If so are you in UPT? I've seen a green Supra on base driving around. Is that you?

My car is actually being shipped. I didn't drive it down here. My exhaust is pretty loud so I'm sure you'll here it if you work on base.

Let me know,

Joseph

Blade

Just browsing....
Established Member
Originally posted by GIJOEBRUIN
Kevin,

Are you stationed here in Laughlin? If so are you in UPT? I've seen a green Supra on base driving around. Is that you?

My car is actually being shipped. I didn't drive it down here. My exhaust is pretty loud so I'm sure you'll here it if you work on base.

Let me know,

Joseph
I work up at the wing. Yea, the green one is mine. If it wasn't you then there is a black 03/04 Cobra on base or in town. Can't recall where I saw it last. What class are you in?

GIJOEBRUIN

Established Member
Cool, see you around all the time. I'm in 05-04. After the break we should meet up. Trying to find some roads that we can go on for a nice drive.

My buddies back home are huge Supra fans. One just sold a 97 TT Black with 16K miles(pics of the car www.mr2die4.com). The car was in perfect condition, and he just had it with BPU. Are you planning on doing anything with yours?
Joseph

Blade

Just browsing....
Established Member
Cool, see you around all the time. I'm in 05-04. After the break we should meet up. Trying to find some roads that we can go on for a nice drive.

My buddies back home are huge Supra fans. One just sold a 97 TT Black with 16K miles(pics of the car www.mr2die4.com). The car was in perfect condition, and he just had it with BPU. Are you planning on doing anything with yours?
Joseph
Definitely! We had to canx the autocross on 6 Dec bcz we didn't have enough people sign up. The goal is to try again with more advertising in the spring.

Your buddy's car is/was beautiful! Black is not an easy color to maintain. All I have done to mine is coilovers really. Put a "Max Air" induction system under the hood as well, but not much else yet. I'll go BPU first, then one day when I am in a town with a real speed shop I trust my goal is a T51R single, FMIC, etc. I love autocrossing and one day will give the 1/4 mile a try, but again.... it's tough being in this little town. Nearest track is in San Anton.

Have a good holiday break. Hope your car gets delivered soon. I can't imagine being w/o mine. :)

Blade

Just browsing....
Established Member
Hey Joseph - how were the holidays? Just saw a black 97 Supra turbo in the student dorms lot. Had to wonder if it belongs to one of your classmates. Let me know when you are not too busy (not that SUPT is demanding or anything). ;-)

Kev

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Should of found you guys when I was down there for 7 level school in april 03. I saw some modded GT's on base and ls1's nothing to special. Lots of bling over there by the pilot's dorms.

I hung out with some local ls1 guys from ls1.com, but was pretty damn bored to tell you the truth. Went to that little 1/8th mile joint outside the gate.

You an instructor?

Last edited:

Blade

Just browsing....
Established Member
Originally posted by broke7
Should of found you guys when I was down there for 7 level school in april 03. I saw some modded GT's on base and ls1's nothing to special. Lots of bling over there by the pilot's dorms.

I hung out with some local ls1 guys from ls1.com, but was pretty damn bored to tell you the truth. Went to that little 1/8th mile joint outside the gate.

You an instructor?

Nah, I was the MEO chief and am now the Director of Staff. Was yours Sonic Blue? That's the only other 03 I've seen in two years.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
My car stayed in alaska when I came down. Needless to say I would of drove it if I was stationed stateside.

I was almost thinking of doing an instructor slot down there for F15's, going to need it on my resume sooner or later.

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
well if you make it up to dyess (abilene, Texas) hit me up. I train the Military Working Dogs up here. (yeah I'm a cop but only on paper :)

GIJOEBRUIN

Established Member
Hey guys!

My break was awesome, how was yours? Got to drive the car in sunny CA! My car should arrive here on Friday!! Can't wait.

I see that 97 Turbo parked right outside my dorm, but no one from my class. It looks like I'm the only one into the car thing from my class. I'll look out for the owner and see if he'd like to join us for a drive.

My friend back home just bought a 94 Silver Turbo 6Spd for $15,000! He is already getting offers for it in the $20s.

If I get my car we should meet up on the weekend.

Let me know ,

Joseph!

GIJOEBRUIN

Established Member
Originally posted by SWEET94COBRA
well if you make it up to dyess (abilene, Texas) hit me up. I train the Military Working Dogs up here. (yeah I'm a cop but only on paper :)

How far are you from Del Rio? Maybe we could all meet up a weekend in San Antonio. I have 6 weeks of academics which allows me some time to hang out in San Antonio.

Joseph

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
deal!

Hey guys!

My break was awesome, how was yours? Got to drive the car in sunny CA! My car should arrive here on Friday!! Can't wait.

I see that 97 Turbo parked right outside my dorm, but no one from my class. It looks like I'm the only one into the car thing from my class. I'll look out for the owner and see if he'd like to join us for a drive.

My friend back home just bought a 94 Silver Turbo 6Spd for $15,000! He is already getting offers for it in the $20s.

If I get my car we should meet up on the weekend.

Let me know ,

Joseph!

Where'd he find a deal like that????:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread