State REF (California BS)

HPLouis

Established Member
I hate to say it, but selling and picking up a more modern stock GT500/comparable might be your best bet, if you don't want to deal with the current hassles.
I had a 2014 and really liked it but it's something about the Terminator, especially this one. I'm gonna make this work somehow. I've got until 2024 to figure it out.

Fopar

Established Member
not true. I got reffed the same year and the guy told me that boost gauges are not allowed. It probably depends on the guy who’s conducting the inspection. Do it once, do it right.

It does depend, but if he's popping you for a boost gauge I'd be going to a different ref, and maybe even report him.

OSU34

Established Member
It does depend, but if he's popping you for a boost gauge I'd be going to a different ref, and maybe even report him.
Lol It’s their book, not ours…they make the rules. You may have a different opinion, but a boost gauge signifies you’ve modded the car in their opinion. So would a wideband. Not rocket science guys…your car has to be fully stock.

Fopar

Established Member
Lol It’s their book, not ours…they make the rules. You may have a different opinion, but a boost gauge signifies you’ve modded the car in their opinion. So would a wideband. Not rocket science guys…your car has to be fully stock.

"Signifies your car is modded" Ya that's what you're not getting, mods are legal, just illegal mods are illegal. A boost gauge is not illegal (plumbed correctly), a wideband is not illegal, f uck a bigger intercooler on a turbo car isn't even illegal and it doesn't even need a CARB #. Stop handing out bad info.

OSU34

Established Member
"Signifies your car is modded" Ya that's what you're not getting, mods are legal, just illegal mods are illegal. A boost gauge is not illegal (plumbed correctly), a wideband is not illegal, f uck a bigger intercooler on a turbo car isn't even illegal and it doesn't even need a CARB #. Stop handing out bad info.
Dude are you serious? What are you trying to prove? I went to a ref and he told me verbatim that an aftermarket boost gauge is illegal - should I listen to him or somebody on a forum? A boost line is connected to the emissions system, that’s all they care about. They don’t care how you plumbed it - you mess with the emissions system, it’s illegal by their standards. I’m handing out information that I’ve experience first hand, stop with your BS.

Users who are viewing this thread