Startup/Running Issue

HighPSI

Established Member
I just had the Cobra shipped to Michigan from California. I started it and let it run for a good 10 minutes. Then I tried to give it a little throttle at the cable. When the RPM's came down it died. I could start it right back up and as soon as the RPM's come down it dies. Unless i give it throttle. Then I stop it dies. I did that about 20 times and the same result. I wasn't able to see what the fuel pressure was so I'll need to check that. Another thing I've read that it might be the fuel filter that needes to be replaced. I'm looking to see if anyone can tell me for sure looking at the video. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHgUnZKKQU8

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
I am no expert but I would start checking simple things first. Check your fuel filter, check your fuel pressure at the regulator, turn the key on and prime the pumps, then look at what your Fuel pressure is.

What pumps are you running?

HighPSI

Established Member
I am no expert but I would start checking simple things first. Check your fuel filter, check your fuel pressure at the regulator, turn the key on and prime the pumps, then look at what your Fuel pressure is.

What pumps are you running?

Dual Walbro 400lph

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
I would replace the filter just because it is easily done, plus what everyone else said.

How old is the fuel? Might want to get rid of it if it's old.

Users who are viewing this thread