Starting to have some concerns about Obama...

Juruense

Banned
It is hard to get around Obama's lack of experience. However, it does make him a beltway outsider so that is not a completely bad thing. Ronald Reagan was not the greatest politician but he overcame that by surrounding himself with high speed talent. Obama could do the same. But the lack of experience remains.

Additionally, I was watching McCain the other day and he said he would throw the lobbyists out of DC and destroy the special interests and entitlements. If he would truly do this and restore the world's respect for us with some real foreign policy that consists of more than just threats and waging war then I would consider voting for him.

I have always believed that McCain is saying what the RNC wants to hear just long enough to get into the oval office and then he will be the good old ball busting reformer that he has always been.

The RNC was wise to give him his shot, it was probably his last chance since he ain't getting any younger. After bu$h/cheney has destroyed their reputation it is ironic that McCain is their only chance.

Bushdisaster.jpg

Unoid

Established Member
thanks for your opinion. Perhaps a MOD can move this to smack down...

btw: senator = beltway INSIDER.

Juruense

Banned
I am tired of political debate that really consists of nothing but insults so this is in Roadside Unoid you will have to use your wits to debate instead of insults.

5liter you are still on my ignore list fyi after all the feces you have hurled at me lately I just do not have enough respect for you to read your posts or debate you... :shrug:

Last edited:

5liter

Foxbody FTMFW!
Established Member
I am tired of political debate that really consists of nothing but insults so this is in Roadside Unoid you will have to use your wits to debate instead of insults.

5liter you are still on my ignore list fyi after all the feces you have hurled at me lately I just do not have enough respect for you to read your posts or debate you... :shrug:

Please don't tell on me.:D

I slaughtered you in a debate last night. Anytime you want to go again.....

Adam.L.

Established Member
I have always believed that McCain is saying what the RNC wants to hear just long enough to get into the oval office and then he will be the good old ball busting reformer that he has always been.

I'm betting on this theory. Unless something changes drastically, McCain has my vote.

And thanks for starting a political thread without the BS insults, it's kind of refreshing after reading all the useless crap in smackdown.

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
If I were voting, I'd be echoing what has already been said in here... Hope McCain is just pacifying the RNC and will really shake things up if he were to get in there.

Dragnut

Established Member
Obama

I can't help but think about 2006 when the Democrats said- just vote us in and we will get the US out of Iraq and stop Bush. Two years later and "zero" has been done by them. To me they seem only interested in getting the White House back, not the welfare of the people.
They and the media spend all their time trashing McCain and Palin instead of telling us whet they are going to do. Why? Because if people realized the tax increases they propose no one would vote Democratic.
Problem is Bush has totaled the country with his wars so who is best suited to give us the change we need?
Looks like McCain at this point but I really don't expect either of them to change anything once they are elected. The corrupt congress will stall any hope of improvement because of their being bought out by special interests.
Clean out congress and it won't matter who is president. As it is they all are supporting their own agenda( read swiss bank account) at the taxpayers expense.
Regardless of who wins I don't know if we can recover from Bush or another 10 years.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
he will lose....he has zero experience and has not laid out anything with specificity, all he has going for him is that he speaks well and is trying to become the first black president

Common

Established Member
Please don't tell on me.:D

I slaughtered you in a debate last night. Anytime you want to go again.....

Boy, the only thing you can slaughter is a McD's quarter pounder with a side of fries and a diet coke albeit.

Stick to posting in.............wait, just dont post.

5liter

Foxbody FTMFW!
Established Member
Boy, the only thing you can slaughter is a McD's quarter pounder with a side of fries and a diet coke albeit.

Stick to posting in.............wait, just dont post.

I thought it was White Castle? Bwahahahah! :lol1:

werstlna

Established Member
It would be nice to see someone like McCain exercise some independence on behalf of the American public. The Congressional election is perhaps even more important than the Presidential election. If the Democrats gain a 60+ seat Senate and a larger share of the House then an independent President really doesn't matter b/c they will block him at every turn. Now if the Dems keep Congress and gain the White House hold onto your wallet!

The only potential silver lining is that after two dismal years of Obama/Pelosi/Reid there will be a voter revolt in the 2010 Congressional election and maybe a true conservative will appear for the White House (a la Reagan) in 2012. I'm not willing to risk the country to this scenario of 2-4+ years of dangerous American leadership, so I'm somewhat begrudgingly voting for McCain (love Palin, btw). Before Palin came along it was voting for the lesser of two evils. Now that she has emerged, I have someone to actually vote FOR.

Users who are viewing this thread