Starting the snake come spring ?

cdh027

Established Member
Would it be a good idea to pull the fuel pump fuse and crank the motor over for a while to get the oil flowing prior to starting ? If so, anybody know where that fuse is located ?

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Just look in the trunk on the left side by the taillight and smack the area around the fuel safety switch until it pops out. That shuts off the fuel pump. When you are ready to start the engine, just push the red button back in.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
One word of advice, after you wake up the Beast it's a good idea to feed it some Rice!

Fastford

Established Member
You dont need to smack the impact switch. Just unplug the harness on bottom switch. It is in your trunk in front of you left rear tail light
Jason

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Can't you just hold the throttle wide open and it shuts the fuel off on its own?? I read that someplace and it does it on my 99. Might be easier to do that if it works.

Cobra'03

Established Member
I do not really see the point of doing it - oil pressure and flow come up fast, and their are anti-wear (AW) compounds in your oil that will deal with the boundaryy lubrication until full pressure is achieved.

I recommend a different tack - add a quart of Red Line to your oil before the shut down for the winter. The esters in Red Line are electrically charged and attracted to the negative charge on the metal - so no matter how long the car sits, a small amount of lube will stay on the metal parts. The sacrificial AWQ compounds will cover your engine during the first fire up. This is more of an issue for 1970 and earlier technology.

Users who are viewing this thread