Starting the search for my first real SVT soon

Green92LX

LOLZZZ
Established Member
So I sold my bike and I'm getting a deposit on the fox this weekend, so I'm going to be in the market for a 99/01 or 03/04 Cobra shortly. Any leads to nice and still reasonably priced cars, please give me a heads up! Thanks guys!

Green92LX

LOLZZZ
Established Member
What are you looking to spend, mileage, distance, color etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll have around 14k to play with when the fox sells, but I'm in no rush to buy. Ive got all winter to save some extra coin for a nicer car if needed. Mileage, color and distance aren't really a big deal and all things I will consider as they come, as long as the mileage isn't through the roof and I'm not driving across the country to pick it up. I'd also be interested in a nice Mach if there were any, but my first choice is a 99-04 Cobra/Terminator.

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Don't have anything for you at the moment, but good luck PJ!

MassDSGsvt

FORCE FED BOOST
Established Member
I personally would take a 03/04 vert over a Mach1 or a 99/01. My cobra is the first mustang I've ever owned but not the first sports car. I've been in plenty of modified mustangs and from every thing I know and whatever experienced. I would set my goal to a 03/04 and that's it. I'm not disrespecting any other cars. It's just with the value, rarity, the mod response, etc.... I just wouldn't get anything else other then a GT500. Save over the winter and when a gem pops up you put money down. On average you can get a really nice low mileage cobra for 22-24,000. Putting 14,000 down should t be a issue getting financed. I put 6,500 down on 24,000 and I got approved that night. That's just my opinion.

Green92LX

LOLZZZ
Established Member
I personally would take a 03/04 vert over a Mach1 or a 99/01. My cobra is the first mustang I've ever owned but not the first sports car. I've been in plenty of modified mustangs and from every thing I know and whatever experienced. I would set my goal to a 03/04 and that's it. I'm not disrespecting any other cars. It's just with the value, rarity, the mod response, etc.... I just wouldn't get anything else other then a GT500. Save over the winter and when a gem pops up you put money down. On average you can get a really nice low mileage cobra for 22-24,000. Putting 14,000 down should t be a issue getting financed. I put 6,500 down on 24,000 and I got approved that night. That's just my opinion.

Yea bud, that's kinda the plan. I hate verts though, so regardless, that's out of the question. I refuse to spend dealer pricing on one too. I'm just going to take my time and find the right private seller and get the same car I'd get at a dealer, for thousands less. I'm not really in any rush, I'm just creeping around to see what's out there.

MassDSGsvt

FORCE FED BOOST
Established Member
I hear ya. There's always good deals that pop up. My buddy found my car on eBay a few towns over from me. I wasn't ready to buy one but with the color I wanted, only 8,300 miles and mostly stock... I couldn't pass I up. Be patient and you will find a gem.

A.T

Established Member
After having the cars that I've had and know a couple of the ones you've had. Set your sights on 03/04.
I had a black and silver 93 Vette that I wanted to trade you for that Cobra clone fox you had. Then saw some pics of that new edge Cobra clone and asked info on that when my bro was thinking on a stang.
I didn't even look for the Cobra of mine. It was a word of mouth deal that the guy wasn't even trying to sell and traded a 2000 GT that I owned for 2 months for it. It needed a motor and sat for 4 1/2 years. Taking the IRS out and changing the bushings over the winter and cutting the springs again.
That's right MassDSGsvt, going to be lower next season. :beer:

Mystic1199

Established Member
Nothing beats crusing in a vert hitting the beach with the top down ...ive had my share of coupes and love my vert ...when i upgrade to a gt500 ill be getting a vert to .

save your money for an 03/04 ...

Green92LX

LOLZZZ
Established Member
Still looking for a nice car guys! Keep your eyes open. At the moment, I'm looking for a 99-01 Cobra or a built/blown/turbo 99-04 GT even.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread