Starting problem

SLVRLTNG

Established Member
I have had a problem starting my car at times lately. I get the click-click-click like a bad solenoid sometimes. It's not the battery I just replaced it last month and have checked it. A few times just cycling the key a few times worked and other times not. If I leave the car sitting for a little while it's OK....Anyone have any helpful hints/experience?? Is there a replaceable solenoid and what's it's location...........Thanks:beer:

qachargh

Established Member
I have never experienced a starter on a late model car with a solenoid that could be removed and replaced practically. And I seriously doubt that Ford would be so benevolent as to make the starter easy to access and remove. Could be wrong. I just bought my SVTF myself.

Last edited:

ucntseemeee

2003 SVT Focus
Established Member
you may need a shim for the starter...sometimes they are too tight against the housing which prevents the gear from engaging properly. next time it does it, let off the clutch but leave it in gear and rock the car back and forth.. that will free up the gear and i can almost guarantee it will turn over then... long story short, get some shim, usually comes with a new starter

Users who are viewing this thread