Starting my first engine build....tell me what u guys think

Turbo99cobra

Established Member
Ok so this will be my first engine build and I'm hell bent on doing the work myself. Here are my plans, tell me what u guys think and if I should make any changes.

- Mmr 4.75 stroker kit reusing my block bored .020 over
- Comp cams 106460 with new valve springs, valve seals, and a competition valve job.
- ARP everything including side bolts and rod bolts
- Mmr Windage tray
- Canton oil pan
- Lethal budget return style fuel system
- 60lb injectors
- 03/04 cobra fuel tank
- Procharger D1sc
- Treadstone intercooler
- Anderson power pipe
- procharger big red race valve
- CX Racing aluminum intercooler pipe kit
- Tuning will be done by Matt at performance evolution in Smyrna delaware

So that's what my plans are so far. Transmission work and everything else I'll address as things start to fail. Already have 4.10 rear and Mac longtubes with o/r x pipe and borla stinger catback.

Turbo99cobra

Established Member
Me no like the stroker crank and the centrifugal supercharger everything else can stay!

How come u don't like the stroker crank? Have u heard anything bad about them? I need a new crank anyway so when I saw the kit on their website it was a really good deal. And as far as the centri goes, I feel like the car is already set up to work with a centri best. Besides, love the sound of the whistle at idle

01yellercobra

Established Member
Ignore him. He thinks everyone should run 8.5:1 compression and a twin screw.

I had a D1 before and really liked it. Sometimes I wish I had picked up another one instead of switching to the Vortech. What kind of power are you aiming for?

MT0911

Established Member
That looks pretty solid to me. Go with the 4 Core CX Racing intercooler.

tmhutch

4v>3v>2v
Established Member
The cams have too much duration unless you plan on spinning the engine well over 7000 RPM, in which case you'll need a special short runner intake to complement the RPM. The cams will be soft down low and in the mid range. Better off with something in the 220 range like Comp 106160's or 106100's.

Turbo99cobra

Established Member
Ignore him. He thinks everyone should run 8.5:1 compression and a twin screw.

I had a D1 before and really liked it. Sometimes I wish I had picked up another one instead of switching to the Vortech. What kind of power are you aiming for?
I'm eventually looking to make between 650-700. Haven't ever owned or driven a boosted car so don't want to go too overboard in the beginning.

Turbo99cobra

Established Member
The cams have too much duration unless you plan on spinning the engine well over 7000 RPM, in which case you'll need a special short runner intake to complement the RPM. The cams will be soft down low and in the mid range. Better off with something in the 220 range like Comp 106160's or 106100's.
Does this mean that those cams will dog my low end and midrange torque and hp. to be perfectly honest I just love the way they sound.

Turbo99cobra

Established Member
That looks pretty solid to me. Go with the 4 Core CX Racing intercooler.
Thanks for the input. I was originally going to go with a cx racing intercooler but read a lot of reviews and people recommending the treadstone intercoolers instead.

Users who are viewing this thread