Starting MOD process

jbentley

Established Member
Well i guess it is time to start the mod process. I just bought the car back in Aug. and i havent done anything to it. Im about to have my 3rd knee surgery Nov. 3rd, so i wont be able to drive it for about 3 months. When i bought the car it allready had a x-pipe, NKG plugs i believe, and a K&N filter. Here is the list of things that i have thought of so far.

Performance
BilletFlow Black Auxiliary Idler Bracket & 3 Black 100mm & 1 92mm Idler Pulley Kit $294.99

BilletFlow Non-Slip Interchangeable Blower Hub and 1 Non Slip Pulley 2.76", $149.99

JLT Performance Cold Air Intake (03-04 Cobra)
$229.99

3. 99-04 Mustang Cobra IRS Brace Black
$159.99

Full Tilt Buggie bushings

RAM Powergrip HD Clutch (Mid 01-04 Mustang GT, 99-04 Cobra, and 03-04 Mach 1)
$409.99

.Mustang Short Throw Shifter
T-56 Shifter
$179.00

NTO5R tires

Tuner and tune from MCRacing price unknown

MM 03-04 Cobra 4-bolt Caster/Camber Plates-Black Powdercoat
$199.95

I really cant think of anything esle to do. I was going to do LT headers since the tranny will be out but i love the way it sounds now. I really dont know what else to do. If anyone else has any ideas just let me know.

Last edited:

Tims97SVT

Established Member
Try and find some stuff used. No point in paying new price on some of this stuff. Also look at Discount tire direct for tires. You can get the nt05r for a few bucks more then the 555r and it's a better tire. Another thing buy your IRS bushings from full tilt boogie racing. The poly bushings are a waste.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Try and find some stuff used. No point in paying new price on some of this stuff. Also look at Discount tire direct for tires. You can get the nt05r for a few bucks more then the 555r and it's a better tire. Another thing buy your IRS bushings from full tilt boogie racing. The poly bushings are a waste.

I agree, the full tilt boogie racing bushings are the way to go. Get the whole kit. This is one of my next mods. Heres the link.

Full Tilt Boogie Racing

Tims97SVT

Established Member
You will get a little nvh from the Alu diff bushings but if you have loud exhaust you won't hear it much.

jbentley

Established Member
So i looked at the NTO5R and i do like them a little more. I think i will go with the full tilt buggie bushings. Other then that how does everything else look.

Users who are viewing this thread