Starting/Idling issues 5.4 4v

ESVEETEE

Established Member
I've been successful at getting my MAF transfer function set pretty dead on. However, when I am trying to start my truck the following happens:

Cold Start

I can crank for 5-6 seconds and it will maybe start on its own, or I can speed up the cranking process by feathering the throttle a bit.

Hot Start

Same as cold start, but I can't get it to start unless I feather or almost completely open the throttle.

However, shortly after the first start when the truck has been sitting for any amount of time (even 4-5 minutes), I will start cranking and it's showing lean (wideband is pegged, like when the truck isn't running), then I feather the gas some and it will read around 10:1 for a second, and the truck will idle a little high (1100 rpms), then it will stutter and the wideband will show 17:1 or more. At this point the truck will usually stall.

I'm hoping to get some pointers for what to datalog during these events to correctly diagnose.

I'm thinking I should datalog: Fuel source, STFTs, rpm, fuel pressure drop across injectors, maf counts

What else should I include?

Thanks guys
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread