Starting a Trucking Business, have a few questions.

His Grace

Genesis 1:31
Established Member
Hey guys, need some wisdom.

I have a great opportunity to start transporting drilling mud out to rigs, so thinking about leaving the nursing field lol.

Is there a way to start an LLC and opt out of paying social security?

I am purchasing a Mack CH613 with 300,000 miles, a 53 foot step deck dovetail trailer and a KD forklift.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
1 word,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Don't

If you do, go talk to a CPA and the lawyer that sets up your LLC about the tax stuff.

His Grace

Established Member
1 word,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Don't

If you do, go talk to a CPA and the lawyer that sets up your LLC about the tax stuff.

Are you saying not to do it? Start the business?

IIRC you had a trucking business. I would like to hear what your opinion is.

I have guaranteed work at least 30 loads a week paying an average of 1000.00 a load.

My initial cost will be about 50 grand. Does that not sound good?

I know that nothing is guaranteed but I have been confirmed by the owner of the mud company that he will use me, and my neighbor is the CEO of the company.

Or are you speaking about not paying social security?

His Grace

Established Member
That would be quite the interesting change of careers. You were pretty deep into the nursing field IIRC.

You are correct, I have my BSN in nursing and was interviewed and accepted into TWU for my masters in CRNA. The hardest thing to do was not to decide to go. I would not be able to take my family with me and only getting to see them maybe once a month may possible hurt us if not worse. To much distance causes people to grow apart, and I finally had to make the decision not to go for now. Suffered alittle bit of depression making that decision, have been wanting to get my CRNA since I was 19. Plus, I had to be able to support my family of 6 for two years without working, which equals lots of loans and not sure I could find enough.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Are you saying not to do it? Start the business?

IIRC you had a trucking business. I would like to hear what your opinion is.

I have guaranteed work at least 30 loads a week paying an average of 1000.00 a load.

My initial cost will be about 50 grand. Does that not sound good?

I know that nothing is guaranteed but I have been confirmed by the owner of the mud company that he will use me, and my neighbor is the CEO of the company.

Or are you speaking about not paying social security?

Don't leave your job for it, that is for sure. Maybe, just Maybe start it on the side with a driver.

My advice without knowing all details of course, walk away, no,,,, run away.

Now, $1K a load, 30 loads a week?

How far are the loads?

Your authority or someone elses? IE: you leased to a company or the loads are going straight to you?

If straight to you then you need your own authority and insurance on the loads. (1M will most likely be the minimum) Not cheap.

How much you giving for the CH613 and trailer?

His Grace

Established Member
Don't leave your job for it, that is for sure. Maybe, just Maybe start it on the side with a driver.

My advice without knowing all details of course, walk away, no,,,, run away.

Now, $1K a load, 30 loads a week?

How far are the loads?

Your authority or someone elses? IE: you leased to a company or the loads are going straight to you?

If straight to you then you need your own authority and insurance on the loads. (1M will most likely be the minimum) Not cheap.

How much you giving for the CH613 and trailer?

I pm'd you some stuff, the average loads are about 50 miles from my house. I will be under my authority.

ModularFan

Established Member
You are correct, I have my BSN in nursing and was interviewed and accepted into TWU for my masters in CRNA. The hardest thing to do was not to decide to go. I would not be able to take my family with me and only getting to see them maybe once a month may possible hurt us if not worse. To much distance causes people to grow apart, and I finally had to make the decision not to go for now. Suffered alittle bit of depression making that decision, have been wanting to get my CRNA since I was 19. Plus, I had to be able to support my family of 6 for two years without working, which equals lots of loans and not sure I could find enough.

Are you staying local with your loads? if not, being on the road wouldn't be any different then being away from family while going back to school, jmo

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
I load ~1000 semis every year. Never met a rich driver. Very few happy ones.

Just don't tell anybody about not paying SS and pray you don't get audited.

Users who are viewing this thread