starting a new job ?

nhancedsvt

Established Member
how did you afford a 600hp cobra as a non-working auto tech? because that is what i need to be doing! lol
but in all seriousness yeah you probably did burn your bridges there. it sounds like as many times as you were late and told them things you had no intention of doing made them not trust you anymore. and noone is going to re-hire someone they know they can't trust. but starting a new job is not always a bad thing. it gives you a chance to redeem yourself to someone who doesn't know you. just work hard and it will all work out!! good luck

DrYeRLiNt

Horse From Hell
Established Member
Did you fail highschool because of English?

You need to get off your high horse and get with the times. You aren't going to be on top, but eventually people are only going to have cars that are newer, more advanced.

94five0

*Click*
Established Member
going back

you have plenty of marketable skills, you just need to utilize them better. tech experiance can transfer to many different industries. You may not be able to command your former salary and in some cases, you might have to take a pay cut, but your proficiency in the field, should allow you the opportunity to promote very fast.

Question to ask is did you enjoy your time as a tech? what about the job did you like, what did you not like? because it's insane to keep doing the same thing, and expecting different results under the precise conditions you left under..did you leave because you weren't challenged by your job? not enough work?

but, I also second the statement about burning bridges..when you decide to leave, nothing states class like a professional resignation. It implies you understand the importance of protocol, that you respect your supervisor and co-workers, and most importantly, you identify yourself as a professional.

Imo, nothing is permenant, but to say you're coming back is one thing, to actually show up in person..speaks volumes. I'd be hard pressed to not give a second chance to a person I knew to be reliable, hardworking, and dedicated if they actually had taken the time to come see me.
People make mistakes. and sometimes the grass isn't always greener. But such is life.

JasonSnake

Established Member
I feel ya on the part where one gets used to sleeping late and waking up late. It's something I can't seem to break myself. I go to sleep at 6:30'ish AM and wake up around 2 or 3 PM.

94five0

*Click*
Established Member
I'm in that boat myself. It's hard to be motivated to action when there dosen't seem to be a purpose. It's a trap you have to free yourself from. since I was laid off, I have had to re-adjust my priorities: toys, social life..I try and keep normal 9-5 hours, get up at decent hour, and utilize as much time as i can to proactively finding another job. but I compleltley understand. The worst thing you can do is lay down.

Try and keep active: work out, keep contact with people(especially former bosses or co-workers as you can get more done with 12 sets of eyes looking than you by yourself).. in the mean time, do something everyday to stimulate your mind. keeps you sharp. Try reading and learning a new hobby, learn something new about your career- cause a worker with continuing knowledge is one thing, a worker with sufficiant experiance is another, and one with both is an employeers god-send.

Ask yourself if you want to go back into your field? It seems you're very proficient at it. But I know how it is to be in a field where your seemingly stuck, but very experianced...but not really happy for some reason.

The hardest thing I've found is trying to move into another different field completley as typically you have no contacts, no work experiance and companies just refuse to take a chance on you. it's almost impossible.

You've heard of the squeaky wheel getting the grease? Never has it been more true in actively pursuing a career. By your conversations with your boss, he sounds like he needs you. You appear to have a cordial relationship and thats usually a good sign. But you need to show him that you want to come back. keep in contact, follow up with him, and keep on good terms. With this economic recession, the repair business should be booming as most people would rather repair a car than buy a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread