Starter Sticking

KONA_B_GT

Established Member
Hello everyone! Have any of you had any issue's with your starter sticking on startup on your 2011 GT? My sticks literally once a day; usually in the afternoon.

scott_0

Established Member
my car has done this like 3x since buying it, maybe Ill take it in. anyone know if theyll give me a hard time since the car is tuned? fwiw the car has done before and after the tune

cbaty08

Established Member
my car has done this like 3x since buying it, maybe Ill take it in. anyone know if theyll give me a hard time since the car is tuned? fwiw the car has done before and after the tune

The tune should not have changed a variable for the starter anyways, so I would not worry about it.

phack

Established Member
This is actually a feature. If you release before the motor catches it is designed to continue cranking.

yellowrubiu

Established Member
Return your car to the stock tune and go in with the printed TSB for the intermittent hard start/long crank time issue.

atistang

Established Member
This is actually a feature. If you release before the motor catches it is designed to continue cranking.

i think they mean after the engine has started the starter stays engaged and then is being spun very fast by the engine

Radar Doc

Established Member

Definitely need to return to stock tune before taking it in as the TSB specifies a new stock program for the PCM.

You'll also need to get a new tune from your tuner to match the new calibration code(caused by the TSB) for your PCM.

Mike

Last edited:

jas11151990

Established Member
Mine does it once in awhile.....maybe 20 times or so since owning it. Not worth my time to go in, I just turn the key off when it does it.

Users who are viewing this thread