starter on an 98 Nissan Maxima?

anyone know where the starter is on a 1998 Nissan Maxima? lower right rear or lower left rear of the engine block?

going to install one tomorrow for a lady for $100, just curious what I was getting myself into.

i have the necessary tools, just makin' sure I don't have to worry about anything big in the way, like a k-member or something.

she didn't specify 4 cylinder or v-6..so i don't know on that.

Starter's are very often a bitch on FWD vehicles.

I found a diagram, doesn't look too bad...i have a floor jack, socket sets (metric and standard), screwdrivers, swivel head sockets with extensions, pliers and some vice grips...and voltmeter...shouldn't be too bad really...plus I have a 2 ton floor jack with 2 jackstands.

poor lady's car broke down on her at work, she just needs someone who can put it on, to get her back on the road, so I'm gonna go help her out, she offered me a $100 to replace it in the parking lot, and said she has all the parts. (a mechanic would probably charge her twice that, plus she'd have to get it towed to a mechanic which would $50 in itself).

jangocast

Established Member
The 3.0's are easy as pie man. I had one done in about 10 mins at work. Just take the air filter/intake off and its right there. Now the 2.0 Infiniti G20s...those are a whore lol.

dayumm!!! that was the easiest $100 I've ever made, was there for about 35 minutes. if I had three of those a day 5 days a week, I'd never have to work for another business/corporation again!!!

jangocast

Established Member
lol told ya. Just imagine you had air tools...vhala..10 mins. You made out. Wish I could make $100 doing that hehe

CobraBen98

GO SPURS GO!
Established Member
dayumm!!! that was the easiest $100 I've ever made, was there for about 35 minutes. if I had three of those a day 5 days a week, I'd never have to work for another business/corporation again!!!

Yup, it's the easiest starter I've ever done, too. I was going to say 30min's tops, no floor jack needed.

Users who are viewing this thread