starter issues

4vRedone

Banned
So after I channged my trans I've been having issues with my starter it wont engage the flywheel all the way. So I changed the starter out tooday but its still doing the same thing. Its stock ford starter. Battery voltage is good idk what the issue is.

snakeconvert98

Established Member
So after I channged my trans I've been having issues with my starter it wont engage the flywheel all the way. So I changed the starter out tooday but its still doing the same thing. Its stock ford starter. Battery voltage is good idk what the issue is.

Did you change the whole starter , selonoid and all ? If so you may have gotten a bad one ! Unless it may be the starter relay ?

98fourvalve

Established Member
Is the transmissions completely flush on all surfaces to the block? Why'd you change the trans? What trans is it and where did it come from?

Also, do you have the dust shielf between the block/trans?

4vRedone

Banned
Itsa tremec t45 from a 00gt it seems flush I can drive it and what not and yea the dust shields on could it be crooked?

98fourvalve

Established Member
It definitely seems like something is not lining up. Dust shield related is possible. Could also be bellhousing related.

How are the teeth on the flywheel?

One thing you can try, If you can, you can back the trans out from the engine just enough to remove the dust should and slide it back forward. and try no dust shield and see if it helps. A buddy of mine had an issue with his and he ended up cutting the dust shield down to where it would bolt up with just bolts from the bottom instead of hooked onto the dowels. It does move the trans forward a hair but he hasn't had any issues in the 2-3 years its been that way.

4vRedone

Banned
Flywheels good it never engages ill prib pull down the trans its almost as if the Bendix isn't pushing out all the way

Users who are viewing this thread