starter issues

96mystic#899

Established Member
so i had, what i thought, was a starter go bad but when i swapped the starter....the same thing happened. turn the key...i hear the fuel pump priming....then nothing. sometimes i hear it click then just silence. picked up a remanufactured ford unit. i tested the power to the starter....its good. tested cranking key power...its good. checked starter relay....its good.
i need opinions on what it could be....please help me out guys.

thank you

update;;;;;;;

so i went back to the problem last night and there is a strange thing happening....when i push the clutch in; the fake oil pressure gauge jumps all the way to the right and the battery light gets brighter. someone suggested it might be the clutch switch....looked under the dash and noticed there are 2 , one near the quadrant and another on the left directly above the clutch pedal. did the bypass on the left switch and now the starter clicks when key is turned but it wont turn over. now im worried it could be the motor. wtf.

Last edited:

jmsa540

Established Member
so i had, what i thought, was a starter go bad but when i swapped the starter....the same thing happened. turn the key...i hear the fuel pump priming....then nothing. sometimes i hear it click then just silence. picked up a remanufactured ford unit. i tested the power to the starter....its good. tested cranking key power...its good. checked starter relay....its good.
i need opinions on what it could be....please help me out guys.

thank you

update;;;;;;;

so i went back to the problem last night and there is a strange thing happening....when i push the clutch in; the fake oil pressure gauge jumps all the way to the right and the battery light gets brighter. someone suggested it might be the clutch switch....looked under the dash and noticed there are 2 , one near the quadrant and another on the left directly above the clutch pedal. did the bypass on the left switch and now the starter clicks when key is turned but it wont turn over. now im worried it could be the motor. wtf.
Did you ever figure it the problem?

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread