Starter help!

LaserRed_Snake

Established Member
Ok so after 4 months of having my cobra down due to a bad transmission, I have now taken a few hours to remove it. The only thing is my Damn starter is stuck and won't come out. I've taken all 3 starter bolts and nothing doesn't even budge. When my transmisson first messed up it stayed in first even while in neutral. Do you guys think I have to depress the clutch first to release it from gear and then try it? I'm pretty lost at this moment.
Thanks
Sorry if this has already been asked before.

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
Take the trans all the way out, that starter will come out. Try hitting it with a dead blow hammer a few times. All the times I've had my transmissions out I've never had this happen.

cbrown9064

Established Member
It should fall right out. Check for 1 more bolt. I cannot remember if 3 or 4 bolts. One is. Abitch and you have to come in from the front of engine with 18" extension. IIRC

cbrown9064

Established Member
It is definitely only 3 bolts, but you need about 3' of extensions, not the 18" I mentioned above. I think I got the longest extension Sears sold, then added on. That top bolt is a real bitch. If you didn't really fight it, then you didn't pull the right bolt. Much easier the second time.

Users who are viewing this thread