Started paint correction on my 13 GT500

inyadreems

Established Member
Previously had a 10 GT500 in GB/WS with 7Kmiles that I traded in for a loaded 13 GT500 with 1800 miles. Got the car last July with swirls and towel scratches already installed from previous owner. Maintained the 13 with HD Poxy, Wet Glaze 2.0 and Megs D156 until I put her away for the winter. Now its time to start the correction process. I am up in the air on the LSP, I might go Opti-Gloss Coat or Wet Glaze 2.0 topped with 2 coats of HD Poxy.

Washed
Clayed
M105 on Megs MF cutting disc
Menzerna SF4000 on a BS Green foam

Tools

Megs MT300 with 5' BP
GG with 4' BP

Drivers side door before
5ipIiwA.jpg

cL4y5I8.jpg

07UW3VN.jpg

Drivers side after (note line is reflection, not a scratch)
wBH1F2g.jpg

rZV5DgF.jpg

IvWFvNH.jpg

0lH3fXA.jpg

7 hours on the entire drivers side, next up is the passenger side, then LSP, then trim, then interior sealant.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Keep it up! End results are great! Keep us posted...

I just got to play with the MT300 this weekend @ Detail Fest. A nice machine!

inyadreems

Established Member
Thanx! Should have it completed by the end of the week. iPhone pics don't do justice, but the camera I have sucks too lol

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
very nice man!!! I just started dad's black 15 mustang and it shall be fun as well. Ever looked into EcoQuartz? that is the lsp i will be using

inyadreems

Established Member
very nice man!!! I just started dad's black 15 mustang and it shall be fun as well. Ever looked into EcoQuartz? that is the lsp i will be using

Tons of coating out there now, I have 3 different brands at the moment but not EcoQuartz.

Fendbass22

Established Member
Just picked up a 2014 DIB with matte black stripes. I have never had to care too much on paint until this car. The previous owner kept it immaculate and I can't find a scratch or swirl in it. I am honestly afraid to touch it. When spray waxing should I avoid the stripes? Any pointers or Detailing 101 you can point me to?

Nice work.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Just picked up a 2014 DIB with matte black stripes. I have never had to care too much on paint until this car. The previous owner kept it immaculate and I can't find a scratch or swirl in it. I am honestly afraid to touch it. When spray waxing should I avoid the stripes? Any pointers or Detailing 101 you can point me to?

Nice work.

read some of the stickies on this section

inyadreems

Established Member

Nice work.

Off-topic'ish, did you treat the stripes just like the rest of the car in terms of scratch/swirl removal?

The stripes were clayed, glazed and spray waxed. Gloss stripes I treat like paint, but because it is vinyl I only do clay, light polish sealant. With matte black I don't polish or wax, just clay, glaze and spray wax or spray sealant.

Fendbass22

Established Member
The stripes were clayed, glazed and spray waxed. Gloss stripes I treat like paint, but because it is vinyl I only do clay, light polish sealant. With matte black I don't polish or wax, just clay, glaze and spray wax or spray sealant.

Thanks for the reply. Do you tape them off or just get close enough?

Users who are viewing this thread