Started on the turbo kit finally!

allgo90

Established Member
looks like im going to be holding out on buying the PTK kit and waiting for yours to be done!

Blaster77

Established Member
RippinSVT said:
We won't be doing a 5.0 kit, we've done them before, but not for market. You can piece together a 5.0 kit for less than $2000, so there's no point for us to make one.

If you can piece me one together for less than 2000 for 6 psi ill buy it.

audioqueso

Established Member
RippinSVT said:
We are shooting for 420rwhp and a lot of torque at only 6 psi, lol.

Not to burst your bubble or anything, I'm just curious, if all you're shooting for is 420rwhp, why go turbo? Wouldn't it have been cheaper to go supercharger if all you wanted is 400ish? :??:

Do you plan on going higher later on down the road?

coolguy10786

Established Member
audioqueso said:
Not to burst your bubble or anything, I'm just curious, if all you're shooting for is 420rwhp, why go turbo? Wouldn't it have been cheaper to go supercharger if all you wanted is 400ish? :??:

Same or more power w/ less boost= less chance of things breaking. Plus i just like the fact that turbos are way more efficient and make tons of torque as well. Turbo kits aren't that much more than superchargers especially when you figure in all that you get with them. 6195 for hellion kit, but you get tubular suspension, fuel system, basically everything, but the tune. Buy a new supercharge plus that stuff and your not far off from a turbo.

I plan on getting a hellion kit in may (although i'm still leaning towards hp) so i'll be curious to see how this turns out. I'd be more than happy to throw one on my car.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
audioqueso said:

Because maybe he doesn't want to blow his stock engine before he can get a built motor in it.

poosay

Established Member
this is gonna be sweet! Time to start saving up now (after i install my springs, cc plates, and fix a/c and rear end problem ;))

subscribing...

shatter-proof

Established Member
poosay said:
this is gonna be sweet! Time to start saving up now (after i install my springs, cc plates, and fix a/c and rear end problem ;))

subscribing...

I'm trying to save up for something but other things keep hitting me.. Both A/C and rear end problems!! I'm tempted to ditch the a/c though..

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
420rwhp is NOT my ultimate goal, that's just gonna be a baseline for a stock motor with almost no additional upgrades (fuel, spark, etc). I absolutely plan on breaching 650rwhp on pump gas without going crazy after my shortblock is built (which will hopefully be sometime around August/September). After I spend like $2000 on my fuel-system later on, I'd like 800+rwhp on 110.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Oh, and no it wouldn't be cheaper for me to go with a blower when I'm building the turbo kit from scratch.

Users who are viewing this thread