Started my motor/tranny pull (pics)

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member
because of obvious compression loss in the driver side head (cylinder 6 and 8) i am pulling the motor to have the head overhauled. I am 95% sure its the head. It still runs fine, plugs look fine, a very lil amount of shaking on the shifter at idle but you can notice a power loss so i did a compression test and 6 and 8 were at 90psi. I am not losing any oil.. i am not omitting any oil out of the exhaust so my fingers are crossed. I do my oil changes and keep the maint up but with the power it makes and the way i drive.. i was glad to see it lasted as long as it did...THANKS TO GREGS TUNE AT RET!!! sorry i could not provide pics here but it was simpler at another site.. AND i just had the blower ported and rebuilt... FIGURES!

[ame=http://www.socalterminators.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16595]Finally Started Tranny/Motor pull!!! - SoCalTerminators.com Forums[/ame]

Last edited:

RussZTT

Established Member
Why do you think it's the head? Did you put little bit of oil in the cylinder, turn it over then do the compression test again? If your pulling your motor out and taking the heads off, go ahead and put new rings and bearings in it.

wjurls

More money than brains
Established Member
Damn dude, you're just getting around to this? Wasn't it around the end of Sept. that you had the problem? Good luck on your project. Lemme know if you need any reference pics.

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member
Damn dude, you're just getting around to this? Wasn't it around the end of Sept. that you had the problem? Good luck on your project. Lemme know if you need any reference pics.

yeah i hear ya.. way too much going on.....i could not get to it til now. I am drving a 153k mile stock 94gt for the time being. It will kind of last about as long as i did my rear end (the solid swap)... started about the same timeframe in 07 and did not finish til february. I will give you a hoot if I am in need of assistance. KILL

Users who are viewing this thread