Started her up last night

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
Got all the turbo stuff back on and I think the vacuum line dilemma solved. Thanks to everyone who sent pics to me and posted them up, they helped alot. Truck idled lean and searched for idle a little bit, but fired on the first try. Neighbors Im sure appreciated the open dp at 11:00 last night, but I just couldnt wait, I even had one come over and ask me if I had a 350 in the truck. So now the tuning adventure starts. Only problem is the vents still dont blow when the a/c is on, defrost runs great, just nothing comes out the vents. Is there a vac line that controls that? If there is I may have capped it and just dont know what it is. Im excited now, ready to get it on the track and see what 7xx hp makes in a timesheet

Matt

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
NEED SOUND CLIP!

The vac line for the A/C should be on the passengers side of the firewall behind the battery. Black line.

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
RIDE THE said:
NEED SOUND CLIP!

The vac line for the A/C should be on the passengers side of the firewall behind the battery. Black line.

Ill get a sound clip when I get a little better tune in her. Any chance you or someone could snap a pic of this line? I deleted several of those when I did away with all the EGR shit, so I might have a hard time finding it.

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
RIDE THE said:
I can get you one but it won't be until tonight when I get home.

That will be cool, Im at work now anyway and wont be looking at it again until tonight.

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
CHUXSVT said:
sound clip, sound clip, congrats BTW.

Im going to do that, and I think I will try to figure out how to get one of the old turbo dyno pulls off the camera too.

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
Chi3f said:
do you have a pts kit or is this your own creation?

Polk Performance built mine. Its already been on the road once, but didnt last long. Ive had the turbo kit done for about 6 months now, and it was on the road for about 1.5 months of that time.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
I got pictures for you but my computer isn't letting me load them on the net. I'll post them for you first thing in the AM when I get to work.

In the mean time. If you look behind the battery and the main harness on the firewall you will see 2 green ground bolts. Go straight down the firewall about an inch and you will see one black vac line going into the cab. Thats the vac line that supplies vac to the diaphrams that control the heater box doors. It will need to have the check valve installed otherwise when you are in boost it will open or close the diaphrams.

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
Congrats. Finally saw a turbo L in person. "Driven to Build" L, 770 rwhp on pump. Holy $hit!! Good luck and good hunting!

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
Congrats! Mine is just finished today as well. Good Luck on HP I am only running 7lbs of boost and making 488hp.

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
mhays26 said:
Got all the turbo stuff back on and I think the vacuum line dilemma solved. Thanks to everyone who sent pics to me and posted them up, they helped alot. Truck idled lean and searched for idle a little bit, but fired on the first try. Neighbors Im sure appreciated the open dp at 11:00 last night, but I just couldnt wait, I even had one come over and ask me if I had a 350 in the truck. So now the tuning adventure starts. Only problem is the vents still dont blow when the a/c is on, defrost runs great, just nothing comes out the vents. Is there a vac line that controls that? If there is I may have capped it and just dont know what it is. Im excited now, ready to get it on the track and see what 7xx hp makes in a timesheet

Matt

350 :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread