Star Wars The Last Jedi - possible spoilers

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Maybe I didn't pay attention but how did the victorious rebellion (ROTJ) revert back to where it was in ANH? Was that another Abrams wonder?

Yep. And the intro to TLJ frustrated me right from the start. How does the resistance destroy star killer base in TFA yet still end up on the run and barely hanging onto survival? The Resistance has the worst military leadership in all of history apparently. And it was painfully obvious with how incompetent Poe and that purple hair woman were in the movie.

Established Member
Their military leader was a chick. She goes down and the back up is a chick. The lead warrior is a chick. And a bunch of guys on a car forum are let down about poor leadership by 3 chicks. Took my son to see it today before I ever opened this post to not get a bias, but my son has about the same conclusions as most here. I don't think they are marketing to guys like the first one when I was young. Probably to their detriment. Its almost like when the NFL pissed on their fan base, but cant understand why viewership went down.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
You guys that are getting pissy about casting choice because of gender etc are worse than the SJWs.

Sure the resistance destroyed star killer base, but at the cost of being damn near decimated themselves. The resistance wasn’t even truly backed by the Republic as they were taking a more pacifistic stance. To their own demise.

So what should have been done?

Coiled03

Established Member
TNG sucks ass... picard is a pedantic twat....he couldn’t hold Sisko’s jock strap...

Sisko has the IQ of an eggplant, and the looks to match.

Gc3Fuhs.gif

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I wish they'd get Christopher Nolan to fix this trash. I was REALLY disappointed by this movie especially after Rogue 1 took abunch of no-name characters and made a better movie than TFA or this travisty. Lucas is a genius for selling. I mean all this technology and knowledge of midichlorians, and the blood lines that are filled with them why not clone the most evil or good characters? Hell, they had a clone army since the jump.....why not clone badasses instead of sheep. Just an observation. The new SW universe is as bad as the DC universe. Marvel has CRUSHED the fantasy good v evil genre, brought to life insane characters and woven stories together in the Xmen saga for 17+ years and starting with IM the Avengers storyline over the last 10 years. Simply amazing.....they get what people want and deliver almost every time. I for one CAN'T WAIT for IWI and IW2. Not to mention the BP movie, Antman 2 , Deadpool 2 etc.....THEY JUST GET IT. Lucasfilm via Disney, not even in the same galaxy. Rant off.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
Of the movies I went and saw I think only Spider-Man was disappointing. But let’s be honest, you’re pretty negative about movies. I’m no sure I’ve ever seen a positive review from you.

Hate to say this the nicest way but hollywood, or movie studios are so full of crap these days. I just watched a movie from netflix that super-ceded my expectations which could and should have made to the silver screen versus the crap that was put out this year. Shame on you for your remarks sir!

The movie was "Bright"

Last edited:

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Hate to say this the nicest way but hollywood, or movie studios are so full of crap these days. I just watched a movie from from netflix that super-ceded my expectations which could and should have made to a silver screen versus the crap that was put out this. Shame on you for your remarks sir!
lol, drinking? What movie was it?

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
This is another one of those Ghostbuster type things where using the name is more important than producing a quality film. We're taking Star Wars here rather than crap such as Taken or that series with the bitches who are always singing.

Many reasons (mostly good) exist allowing Star Wars to remain a household name for forty years.

Personally I am sick of these ne'er-do-wells ruining iconic franchises like Wars and Trek.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
no one has mentioned Luke touching the 4 titty creature and milking it.

quite odd / funny / perverted / skip the glass and put your mouth on the teet

sidewinderl

Established Member
I don't get why people have a problem with Luke exiling himself after the loss of Kylo Ren to the dark side and the destruction of his new Jedi Order when Yoda did the same after Darth Sidious turned Anakin and wiped out the Jedi Order.

Atrocious writing in the past doesn't excuse even more atrocious writing in the future. Luke was the most persistent guy in the universe and nearly died just to prove that the most evil man in that universe actually had an ounce of good in him.

If that doesn't describe TLJ Luke, then it's fair to say there's a significant problem with the writing. But that should probably go without saying when Disney can't even keep his story straight between their own two movies.

What's described in the quoted post is the root problem with Disney Wars. You have Not-Episode-4 followed by Totally-Not-Episode-5 where Definitely-Not-Yoda mentors our hero, because the depth of writing is pure Star Wars mad libs. It's such a joke that at this point they may as well roll out the next Death Star disguised with a giant mustache.

"That's no Death Star... it's a very dapper moon!"
mustache falls off, revealing Death Star
"It's a trap!"

Users who are viewing this thread