Stanced Cars?

MrMustangman69

Established Member
Is there any good reason for people to stance their cars? I've seen more and more of them around here and I was just wondering. Not a fan here but whatever floats your boat.

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
no. I'm sure someone will argue that minor negative camber and lowering isn't pointless, but the reality is that stancetards don't do it for functionality.

mr.speaker

99 Cobra
Established Member
Is there any good reason for people to stance their cars? I've seen more and more of them around here and I was just wondering. Not a fan here but whatever floats your boat.

It's another fad.

Obviously there's no function to be gained with that much camber,no suspension travel,and stretched tires .

cotchnobra

Established Member
By stanced are you talking about what the VW guys call hella flush? If so it is super gay! Lets strech a tire on a rim it shouldn't be on and put so much camber in it that the outside of the tire looks brand new but still needs to be replaced because the inside is worn to the cords.

BladeX10

Established Member
By stanced are you talking about what the VW guys call hella flush? If so it is super gay! Lets strech a tire on a rim it shouldn't be on and put so much camber in it that the outside of the tire looks brand new but still needs to be replaced because the inside is worn to the cords.

I have a buddy that is into that shit and i had to drive him to the tire shop to pick up some new tires, get back to his place and look at his current tires and say " whats wrong with these ones, they are brand new". He pulls the wheel off and there is an inch wide bald spot on the edge of the tread that is showing beyond the cords. The rest of the tire was brand new, never even touched ground. Lol.

What a stupid ass trend.

Badbob2121

ЯTR #054
Established Member
66157_422997337763847_249481375_n.jpg

Dragu1a

Established Member
+1 in the new fad. 20yrs ago it was lowriders, 10yrs ago was bright flashy ricers, now it's f'd up camber and stretched tires.

r2kool4u

Blah Blah
Established Member
My dd. Is a gti and I wont do this shit. My car used to be an inch off of the ground but when it took me 1.5 hours to get it hacked up I said screw it.

Stupidity brought to you by Tapatalk

delvin.a

Established Member
Haters...

Low riders aren't a fad it's a culture that has been around since the 70's. This may be a fad but when it's done right it looks really good. Especially when they use air so parked its got zero wheel well gap and a slight negative camber but once you drive it's all good. Well I don't know why I'm even bothering y'all prolly hate air ride also.

I think that awful pink thing is what they call VIP playa. I don't even see how one drives those but if that's what you're off into party on.

Last edited:

racerbox77

Established Member
Stanced cars look good IMO if not taken too far. My DD is an SE-R Altima with 19*9.5 rims and 245/35 tires. The rims sit fender flush with 2 degrees of negative camber.
6u2y3uge.jpg

huzuru2u.jpg

Some guys put 205/40 on a 10" rim. That's dangerous.
Sent from me

Last edited:

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Stanced cars look good IMO if not taken too far. My DD is an SE-R Altima with 19*9.5 rims and 245/35 tires. The rims sit fender flush with 2 degrees of negative camber.
6u2y3uge.jpg

huzuru2u.jpg

Some guys put 205/40 on a 10" rim. That's dangerous.
Sent from me

Thats not even considered "stanced" its more like lowered.

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
^That SE-R is pretty nice for sure. I like the mid 90s ones too, but I really don't see many of them anymore. I actually like some imports quite a bit, but they need to be clean and functional. If anything, it makes me kind of sad that the cars I loved as a teenager are all either rusting out or being ruined by fads like this.

Users who are viewing this thread