Stance questions

mikeunreal

Established Member
Questions for you suspension guys. How do I get a decent stance on my 1998 Cobra without my midpipe scraping to shit and back? I have some 1.5" lowering springs on it but there is still a huge wheel gap, yet my midpipe wants to scrape everything. Its a UPR, it seems to hang pretty low.

Thanks!

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
Questions for you suspension guys. How do I get a decent stance on my 1998 Cobra without my midpipe scraping to shit and back? I have some 1.5" lowering springs on it but there is still a huge wheel gap, yet my midpipe wants to scrape everything. Its a UPR, it seems to hang pretty low.

Thanks!

My car is lowered 1.5 in on eibach sport lines and I have a bassani and don't really have any rubbing issues unless my woman hits speed bumps at 25 :bash:

I think I've heard that the upr pipes hang a lot lower but I have no experience
Maybe get some input from an exhaust shop to tuck it higher if even possible

slow90coupe

Established Member
I have Eibach Sportlines with no isolators front or rear. The stance is about dead on. I have a UPR X-pipe and the first time I put it on it fit terrible. The second time I used an exhaust jack to push the pipe up as far as possible while I tightened the bolts down. It fits great, and my K-member is my car's lowest point.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Yeah the UPR x-pipe have always fit great for me. I had one on my 01 and my 04. Both were smacked and only rubbed in the occasional apt complex speed bump.

NVRL8TE

Death or Glory
Established Member
I have Eibach Sportlines with no isolators front or rear. The stance is about dead on. I have a UPR X-pipe and the first time I put it on it fit terrible. The second time I used an exhaust jack to push the pipe up as far as possible while I tightened the bolts down. It fits great, and my K-member is my car's lowest point.

Yes, I have a similar stance, and I have found out, several times, that the k member is the lowest point.

ESVEETEE

Established Member
Like they are saying, try refitting the x-pipe, but also...

You're lowered, but what shocks/struts are you running?

KCRN12

Established Member
Remove and reinstall the xpipe. Or at least loosen and adjust it. I've had the same issue (and still do to a certain extent) with my SLP xpipe. It hangs way low and only sits about 1.5" off the ground. Honestly, the down tubes need to be cut and shortened, but I don't feel like dealing with it. And now that I have the IRS, the mufflers actually do more scraping than the xpipe, due to the mounts allowing them to hang lower than the factory muffler mounts... Oh well. Just one of those sacrifices you make for performance, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread