stalling problem (continued)

karl hungus

Established Member
dealer called me today,said everything checked out okay(he also said he couldnt reproduce the stall) on my car.I mentioned that svt had a service bullitin out on stalling he replied that computor checked out and iac valve was fine that they sometimes stall during breakin.Now im getting f*cking pissed.I paid $40k for a car that stalls!Im wondering what my next course of action should be?any suggestions?

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
Does it always stall in the same area / location when you are driving?

One of the common things seen during the stall seems to be a slight down hill and a right hand turn while braking.

Mine has only stalled twice (1500 miles), and they both occurred as above. The only thing I would add is that both times I did a short, quick acceleration (abt 20'), then immediately started braking while turning slightly and going down a mild slope. -stall-

You might check the Stall Data thread, and even post your info there for others to use.

- another thing that has fixed the problem for alot of folks is adjusting the Throttle Position Sensor to .98v

Hope this helps,

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
I made an interesting observation this week. It may be nothing, but I'll throw it out there for debate anyway.

A lot of our cars run lean (15-16 is common) in the lower rpm until the boost kicks in.

I just got mine off the dyno with a new chip that came in this week and it's running way too lean. I drove the car a few times with the new chip before the dyno and it stalled numerous times when I decelerated quickly.

btw...I never had the stalling problem before.

Users who are viewing this thread