Stalling issues...need advice

ShaneHayes

Established Member
I have searched and didn't find anything that I can completely go off of. Here is the deal...on occasion when I am going very slow, then press in the clutch...the car stalls on me. It does have an SCT chip or tune. I don't really know because I bought the car with everything already in it. My buddy has an 03' and he said he took it to the dealer and they re-flashed his pcm, and the stalling issues went away. I guess my question is...do I simply take off the SCT chip, and the dealer re-flashes it back to stock, then I slap the chip back in? Sorry for my ignorance...still learning about my car. Thanks in advance. -Shane

BUstang

Established Member
I have searched and didn't find anything that I can completely go off of. Here is the deal...on occasion when I am going very slow, then press in the clutch...the car stalls on me. It does have an SCT chip or tune. I don't really know because I bought the car with everything already in it. My buddy has an 03' and he said he took it to the dealer and they re-flashed his pcm, and the stalling issues went away. I guess my question is...do I simply take off the SCT chip, and the dealer re-flashes it back to stock, then I slap the chip back in? Sorry for my ignorance...still learning about my car. Thanks in advance. -Shane

I have the exact same problem :( I'm hoping with the dyno tune im going to get in the near future that they can correct it for me.

Goodlife

Established Member
I am having the same problems with my setup.
Is it happening after you drive it for a while or anytime after you start driving it? Cold or hot?
Does it happen with a/c on? (i.e. additional load)

SoCalCobra

Intaker & 7.5" Pistons!
Established Member
There was a TSB on this. I had the same problem with my Cobra. It would stall when slowing down to a stop after I had pulled the car out of gear. I took it into the Ford dealership and they fixed it and I never had the problem again.

Titter

Established Member
I had the same problem but when i got my tune done from Steeda it went away. Get a tune!

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Don't have them reflash it if your car is already tuned. If you don't have an aftermarket tune then give the reflash a shot, if that doesn't fix it check your alternator they are notorious for not lasting in these cars. If it is your alternator I would recommend changing the battery too.

Are you running a lower pulley?

Josh

BUstang

Established Member
I put on a new battery today and it seemed to have fixed it! I'll let you guys know.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
It is possible it could still be your alternator so if you have the problem occur again check into that.

03 Whippled Cobra

Established Member
My car stalled like this after I put on the Whipple. It was taken care of in my tune. Have your tuner check it out. It is very easy for them to fix it in the tune.

husker4life

speed demon
Established Member
Are you running a lower pulley?

Josh

I have this same problem.. I just did a bunch of stuff. Ported blower, 2.93, 4lb lower, KB BAP, 2400 Maf, tune. When I left the tuner it was fine.. Then after a 1 hour drive on the freeway I pushed in the clutch on the off ramp and it died. It doesn't do it all the time and it seem to be doing it less now, but it still does it..

Any Ideas???

Ty

divided

Established Member
Mine dies too sometimes. Today it died 3 times! :shrug: Ive noticed its ALWAYS when the engine is not warmed up, and when im slowing down in nuetral or with the clutch in.

Pnsh3r

Established Member
I have the same problem. Does it when the engine is cold, and when coming to a stop - more often when braking hard. I noticed that if I slow down less agressively - it won't die out on me. But, I am going to pully mine sooner and see if tuner can tweak that out.

BUstang

Established Member
I did a little experiment. When i was in the parking lot (only place it dies) i stayed in first gear the whole time, and went slower than usual (10mph or so, keeping the RPMS at about 3 grand-3500) It didnt die once. I went back through, and rather than keeping it in first i shifted into second so the rpms went to about 2k once in gear. I pulled it out of gear quickly after i shifted (5 seconds?) and it died immediately. Maybe the lower pulley is drawing too much power and the car can't compensate for it under heavy load (low rpms)?

Users who are viewing this thread