Stalling issue

03 silver cobra

Established Member
Does any tuners here know what exactly is causing the stalling issues with the 03 cobras? What perameters to change or manipulate so I can relay the info to my tuner.:shrug:

2002BLGT

Established Member
Does any tuners here know what exactly is causing the stalling issues with the 03 cobras? What perameters to change or manipulate so I can relay the info to my tuner.:shrug:

Stalling can be caused by a hundred different problems even outside of the tuning , is the car stock or modified heavily ?

03 silver cobra

Established Member
Modified but not heavy and it's the classic stalling cobra issue that can be "tuned out" but I'm just trying to find what parameters are used when fixing this issue

01yellercobra

Established Member
Can you list your mods? When is it stalling? When you're coasting to a stop, when you shift while driving, etc. In all honesty, you shouldn't have to relay anything to your tuner. He should know.

03 silver cobra

Established Member
Tru, but I like to be in the know as well...it's the "classic" 03 cobra stalling issue. Can sometimes come to a stop, push the clutch in and she dies. Ported eaton full exhaust and 2.76 upper 2# lower:shrug: If you are a tuner I would love to have you chime in but if your not familiar with tuning, it's not gonna do me any good

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm not a professional tuner, but I've been tuning my own car since 2007. And I have talked to a few tuners about different set ups. So I have a little bit of knowledge. The first thing I'd check is the IAC. Make sure it's clean and in good shape. If it's fine then there's a couple things he can change. I had to increase the duty cycle of my IAC to get it to idle. And I also had to play with the dashpot setting so the rpms didn't drop too fast. If the MAF transfer is off down low it can cause problems too.

03 silver cobra

Established Member
Kool info, I'm on vacation now but I'm gonna change the iac when I get back to see if that helps but I highly doubt it, I'll check into the dashpot settings cuz the car never stalled until it was tuned, but I appreciate the info!

Users who are viewing this thread