stalling issue

2003 dsg cobra

Established Member
whats goin on guys. i have an 03 cobra my mods r stage 5 port, 2600 maf, 60lb,2.80 upper pulley, idler pulley,2lb lower pulley, heat echanger, offroad x and a catback it has been dynoed at jdm engineering. im having a promblem with stalling. if i put the clutch in sometimes the rpms will just drop or it will stall other times it will be fine. the ecu has been upgraded i dont know what the promblem is if you guys know anything please let me know thank you.

2003 dsg cobra

Established Member
stalling promblem please help

:shrug:whats goin on guys. i have a 2003 mustang cobra. my mods are... stage 5 ported blower,accufab throttle body, power inlet, 60lb injectors,2600 sct maf, 2.80 upper pulley,idler pulley,2lb lower pulley, heat exchanger, bassani off road x and a borla stinger catback.... my car keeps stalling on me when i push in the cluch from a gear. it will either idle down to 500 rpms jump back up to regualr idel and be ok or it will just keep dropping untill stalling out. the car only does it if i have the clutch in doesnt do it when im in gear. the vechial has been tunned buy jdm enginnering other then the stalling there is nothing wrong with the car it only has 6500k on it. i dont know what the promblem is they replaced the ecu.....im getting very annoyed with it. guys please if u know anything help me out i dont know what eles it could be.. thank you guys...

Greg

01SVTSTANG

Established Member
I had this same problem with mine the first week after I bought it. It would only stall when the motor wasn't warmed up, had the radio on, and lights on. I would get up at 5:30 in the morning for work so it was still dark out when I drove it and had to use the lights, so it stalled EVERY morning as I came to a stop. I noticed it would stall if I was stopping/using the brakes. That same week my alternator went out. I replaced it with a Ford alternator, and everythings been ok since then. My car has 70k miles. It didn't do it when I was in gear, only when I used the clutch and brakes, wasn't warmed up, all accesories turned on minus A/C. Is that how its happening with you??

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
Some Cobras are just stubburn stalls. **** what anyone else tells you that contradicts that because some just are even if theirs aren't like that. No two Cobras are exactly alike. Mine was a very stubburn staller. Sometimes a tune with the latest Ford programming to cure it doesn't work on all car.

Some people say to make sure your TPS is set at about .99 volts, clean your IAC Valve, clean your TB, make sure the MAF is set and tuned at the factory 10 o' clock position, and not relocated to a 12 o' clock position, etc, but none of these things fixed my car. The only way I got mine to work right was to raise the idle. During the colder months I would have it idling at about 1,100 or 1,200 rpms, and I would turn it back down to idle around 900 or 1,000 rpms during the warmer months. It sucks, but it's better than stalling all the time. Stalling out is annoying, embarassing, and very dangerious in certain situations.

There was a guy on here who had a bad stalling problem and he eventually traced it to the program in the computer that helps the computer learn the car. I can't think of what its called. It's called "something LEARNING". Anyway many tuners cut it off while tuning the car, and then cut it back on when they are finished. His tuner forgot to turn it back on when he finished tuning his car, and it was making it stall. Once he had it cut back on it fixed his stalling problem.

Last edited:

wickedsnake03

KB blown
Established Member
Mine went through a stalling phase for about 3 weeks. I replaced the alternater with a unit from jamie at start and charge and all has been good for over 2 years now

2003 dsg cobra

Established Member
ok thanks guys i aprreciate all of ur help im gonna try the idle controla valve fisrt my gut is tellin me that might be it but my tunner said it might be the maf but we will c thank u guys very much.

2003 dsg cobra

Established Member
just called my tunner raised the idle a little seems to be good... my alternator is good to go my mechanic just tested it for me but like i said thank u guys i appreciate all of the help im still gettin use to this forum thing dude im glad i figured how to make i post lol but thank u guys very much

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
I had a stall issue also when coming to a stop, I went to tune my car and found my lower intake bolts next to the supercharger were loose and was getting a vac leak. either way my new tune and tighting those bolts and by by stall.

steve5575

Established Member
I have a Start n charge alt. I got a new IAC, MAF... It still stalls when cold and no AC. I need to check the TPS voltage but that is a biatch without an Aeroforce gauge. The Adaptive Learning in my ECU learns the damn stall again after tinkering around with the tune.

Users who are viewing this thread