Stalling (I Searched)

vinny89gt

On The Reg
Established Member
Today, my Cobra stalled; but it wasn't at high speeds when I began decelerating.

It happened when stopping to back into parking spaces.

The car is pretty much stock and when I put the JLT RAI on it a few months ago, I cleaned the MAF.

My question is, if I go to the Ford dealership and present them with the TSB 17-54-2, that re-flash of the PCM should be free, correct?

RussZTT

Established Member
Idle air sensor could be bad. Remove the neg cable off the battery (clears any codes) and remove it from the intake elbow. Try cleaning it and putting it back on or simply may need to be replaced. Does your car have a run on it or just stock?

Last edited:

vinny89gt

On The Reg
Established Member
Idle air sensor could be bad. Remove the neg cable off the battery (clears any codes) and remove it from the intake elbow. Try cleaning it and putting it back on or simply may need to be replaced. Does your car have a run on it or just stock?

Will do.

Not sure what a "run" is. I'm assuming you mean tune. No tune for me.

sneakysnake03

SVT
Established Member
The dealer will not reflash it for free with it being a TSB. TSBs are there to show common problems with vehicles. If your vehicle was under the factory powertrain warranty then it would be covered, but it is older than 5 years old. I would clean or replace the IAC mine was doing the samething and I replaced the IAC and it hasn't missed a beat. However I did see the reflash fix one though, but I was able to reflash for them on the side.

RussZTT

Established Member
I can just hit it with some WD-40, correct?

Should I get a Q-tip in there, too?
Yes that can work but take it all the way off. There is a gasket there, it may be fine to put back on, if not just use RTV sealant. The end where the plug is can turn but not suppose to, make sure it isn't loose. Make sure the plug is clean on the contact areas as well. Clean your TB where your there also.

vinny89gt

On The Reg
Established Member
Cleaned the IAC and the TB this weekend. Drove it on Sunday without it actually stalling, but my idle seems to be even lower than before. It was idling around 750RPM, not it's closer to 500RPM at times.

I guess I've got to get to the dealer for this reflash.

Users who are viewing this thread