stalling fix

brewcity_mach1

Established Member
after i had installed a jlt intake and a bigger maf, my car wouldnt idle that well and would shut off when i come to a stop... this was before all my mods. after my mods it wouldnt idle correctly and would shut off if i wouldnt give it gas.

took it in to get it tuned and dyno'd and found out there is a small spacer between the trottle body and a sensor towards the back of it. finds out that i took this spacer out, and had no more stalling problems after that.

i was just wondering if anybody else have had this problem, or knew the fix of it.

if you need pics or the correct name of the sensor i could figure that out

cadde300

Established Member
I had this same problem with my k&n cold air kit. It was driving me crazy for a while but after some research i ended up removing my snorkel, seeing as how the dyno tests i have seen produce more power without it, and i haven't had the problem since I will have to look for that spacer though, never heard that one.

R-code17815

Established Member
after i had installed a jlt intake and a bigger maf, my car wouldnt idle that well and would shut off when i come to a stop... this was before all my mods. after my mods it wouldnt idle correctly and would shut off if i wouldnt give it gas.

took it in to get it tuned and dyno'd and found out there is a small spacer between the trottle body and a sensor towards the back of it. finds out that i took this spacer out, and had no more stalling problems after that.

i was just wondering if anybody else have had this problem, or knew the fix of it.

if you need pics or the correct name of the sensor i could figure that out

That spacer was probably on the Idle Air Control valve. Alot of people have a custom spacer put in to get the car to idle down faster. If the hole was to small the car will stall. Ill have to see your pics to be sure.

brewcity_mach1

Established Member
That spacer was probably on the Idle Air Control valve. Alot of people have a custom spacer put in to get the car to idle down faster. If the hole was to small the car will stall. Ill have to see your pics to be sure.

yes, i believe that is what it is. i will have a picture later today.

Users who are viewing this thread