Stalled and won't start

palehorse

Established Member
O3 cobra -- Was hot rodding around car stalled and won't start. Still turns over, you can smell gas. Anyone?

SF03Cobra

Established Member
If you weren't smelling fuel I would say it sounds like your fuel pressure sensor has gone bad. But since you have fuel you must have an ignition problem of some sort. Have the plates covering the coil packs come loose? Have you pulled any plugs to see what they look like? May have just run rich and fouled them. Getting any codes? I know it doesnt sound like much help but check all the simple stuff first just to see if something stupid might have happened.

MikeW

Established Member
The p0193 is the FRPS code so that is it I bet.

P0193 - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input (FRP) The comprehensive component monitor (CCM) monitors the FRP sensor circuit to the PCM for high voltage. If voltage were to fall below a calibrated limit and a calibrated amount of time during testing, the test will fail. FRP signal shorted to VREF or VPWR.
FRP signal open (gasoline only)
Low fuel pressure (NG only)
Damaged FRP sensor.
Damaged PCM.
High fuel pressure (caused by damaged fuel pressure regulator) NG.
A FRP PID value during KOER or KOEO less than 0.3 volts for gasoline or 0.5 volts for natural gas vehicles (NG) would indicate a hard fault

To check the FRPS pull teh red vac line off and see if there is gas in it...

If there is gas in it then it is time for a new one....

The other codes:
P0603 - Powertrain Control Module KAM Test Error Indicates the PCM has experienced an internal memory fault. However there are external items that can cause this DTC. Reprogramming
Battery terminal corrosion
KAPWR to PCM interrupt/open
Loose battery connection
Damaged PCM
If KAPWR is interrupted to the PCM because of a battery or PCM disconnect, DTC can be generated on the first power-up.
P0605 - PCM Read Only Memory (ROM) error The PCM ROM has been corrupted. An attempt was made to change the calibration
Module programming error
Physically damaged PCM
Reprogram or update calibration
Reprogram VID block (use as built data)
Check for other DTC's or drive symptoms for further action

Part number for the FRPS is 3R3Z-9F972-AA i AHVE A BOX FOR ONE HERE ON MY DESK lol.

gOOD LUCK

03yellow

Established Member
pretty common...

you popped your FRPS

Unplug it and go get another one at ford $75

MikeW

Established Member
Be sure to change your oil... it can allow gas to get into teh oil and that is not a good thing. I'd even change it after 500 or so miles again just to be safe.

SF03Cobra

Established Member
Cycle the key a few times and release the pressure at the schrader vavle to ensure that fuel is making it to the rails. Look under car for puddles. Possible that you might have cracked a fuel line or one has popped off. Pull a spark plug but leave it connected to the coil. Spin the motor over and make sure you are getting a spark. Just make sure the are no gas fumes and that the plug is away from anything the spark might arc to.

palehorse

Established Member
I held the throttle wide open at start and it chugged and sputted to life and then ran fine. New plugs and oil tomorrow and the KB disc on order. Thanks for the help.

chitowncobra

Established Member
The p0193 is the FRPS code so that is it I bet.

P0193 - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input (FRP) The comprehensive component monitor (CCM) monitors the FRP sensor circuit to the PCM for high voltage. If voltage were to fall below a calibrated limit and a calibrated amount of time during testing, the test will fail. FRP signal shorted to VREF or VPWR.
FRP signal open (gasoline only)
Low fuel pressure (NG only)
Damaged FRP sensor.
Damaged PCM.
High fuel pressure (caused by damaged fuel pressure regulator) NG.
A FRP PID value during KOER or KOEO less than 0.3 volts for gasoline or 0.5 volts for natural gas vehicles (NG) would indicate a hard fault.
To check the FRPS pull teh red vac line off and see if there is gas in it...

If there is gas in it then it is time for a new one....

The other codes:
P0603 - Powertrain Control Module KAM Test Error Indicates the PCM has experienced an internal memory fault. However there are external items that can cause this DTC. Reprogramming
Battery terminal corrosion
KAPWR to PCM interrupt/open
Loose battery connection
Damaged PCM
If KAPWR is interrupted to the PCM because of a battery or PCM disconnect, DTC can be generated on the first power-up.
P0605 - PCM Read Only Memory (ROM) error The PCM ROM has been corrupted. An attempt was made to change the calibration
Module programming error
Physically damaged PCM
Reprogram or update calibration
Reprogram VID block (use as built data)
Check for other DTC's or drive symptoms for further action

Part number for the FRPS is 3R3Z-9F972-AA i AHVE A BOX FOR ONE HERE ON MY DESK lol.

gOOD LUCK
what about the P0602 code what does that mean!!!

MikeW

Established Member
what about the P0602 code what does that mean!!!

P0602 - Control Module Programming Error This Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) indicates programming error within Vehicle ID block (VID). VID data corrupted by the scan tool during VID reprogramming
Using the scan tool, reprogram the VID block. If PCM does not allow reprogramming of the VID block, reflashing PCM will be required.

P0602 All See Note 7 See Note 7 See Note 7
Note 7: The Vehicle ID (VID) Block must reprogrammed. For instructions refer to Section 2 , Flash VID Block Procedure.

chitowncobra

Established Member
P0602 - Control Module Programming Error This Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) indicates programming error within Vehicle ID block (VID). VID data corrupted by the scan tool during VID reprogramming
Using the scan tool, reprogram the VID block. If PCM does not allow reprogramming of the VID block, reflashing PCM will be required.

P0602 All See Note 7 See Note 7 See Note 7
Note 7: The Vehicle ID (VID) Block must reprogrammed. For instructions refer to Section 2 , Flash VID Block Procedure.
thanks for info,took my car to my speed shop and my tuner got his scan tool(huge) told me need to replace passanger side rear mil'
thats what caused the check engine light to go on.this will be the second time i had to replace these mils.my tuner is going to program it out. i guess my predator went goofy it showed P1000
saying testing not complete. below that it P0602 note this part of a performance tuned thats normal(drivetrain control module programming error) then it had other codes saying its part of the performance tune.then i cleared trouble codes.engine light went off,took it for drive to put gas.after about 30 miles light came back on.plugged predator it said no trouble codes. took it to my tuner plugged his scan tool(huge) told me rear passenger side mils. does'nt make any sense!!!!! anyway i happy again simple fix!!!!:):):):)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread