Stall Fix released!!!

4.6speed

Established Member
Originally posted by 03reptile
4.6speed: Your dealer is wrong. I had mine done today(02/09/04) have driven it and stall is gone. now have a decent idle and everything is right with the planet. He may not have the expertize to obtain the info from Ford. Insist he try again, it's worth it!!!
Thanks reptile, Ford called and said they found it and can do the reflash anytime, now if this damn snow will quit falling!

4.6speed

Established Member
Originally posted by Brucealeg
<<I just got off the phone with my dealer he said SSM #17542 doesn't come up in their system. He took my vin# from my car and is going to search for it that way. This news sounds awesome but I am not going to get too excited until it gets fixed.>>

My dealer said the same thing at first. I had my car in on 2/3/04 and the dealer flashed it with the newest PCM in ths system. Which just so happened to be the fix. If they can't find the SSM, then just have them flash it with the latest PCM.

I've had mine flash for a week now and my car hasn't even thought about stalling. So I am pretty confident the issue has been resolved.

Bruce
Also thanks bruce and a big thanks to mmars for sarting this thread, without it I would not have known about the reflash, I can't express how excited I am to get this issue off my mind!

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Do you guys know if this also works for the GT? My 03 GT has also been experiencing this problem. It does it particularly as I'm coming to a stop to make a turn. Very annoying to say the least.

Thanks,
D

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
Mine hasnt stalled for the longest time i have a diablo buned chip, and havent had any problems. well i cant say that, just after the chip was installed it ran weird, maybe cause the the KAM was still learning the way i drive. but since then no stall. I had alot of the same questions. i could easily flash the program with the WDS at work, but im not gonna try and fix a problem that the diablo chip may have already fixed

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
Dealers recieved the broadcast message on 2-10 about the pcm flash to fix a lack of power on decleration. Dealers are to reflash the pcm using wds release b29.3. The only way this can be done is if the car has the concern. It cannot be done unless the car exhibits the problem. Hope this helps..

TORCH RED COBRA

Originally posted by SVTADVISOR
Dealers recieved the broadcast message on 2-10 about the pcm flash to fix a lack of power on decleration. Dealers are to reflash the pcm using wds release b29.3. The only way this can be done is if the car has the concern. It cannot be done unless the car exhibits the problem. Hope this helps..

If the dealer is the one to determine "if" you have a STALLING issue No one will have it because this is a very intermittent transient problem and is pretty much not duplicatible.

So what are you saying - the dealer has to witness it ?

PDubs

Established Member
Yeah that's garbage if it has to be PROVED beyond a reason of a doubt BY the dealer that a flash is necessary. We are talking about people's lives here. No reason they can't take AT MOST an hour to reflash a computer.

1CEBITN

Blue by you!
Established Member
They didn't have to have proof to reflash mine, other than me telling them it has happened once a month or so, on average. I put less than 1k miles on the car per month though. In 3k miles, it had happend 5 times. The flash also cured my morning cold start low rpm surge. Now the car is perfect!

I think the computer code stays the same, all new computers will have the latest flash release incorporated into them, kind of like a patch release or maintenance release to computer/network software. Mine is still YDH1. I believe that the 04s had the fix incoporated into the AMZ1 code as well so I wouldn't bother if you have an 04.

I had heard that the Predator doesn't mess with data where the flash is making changes so you may be OK there, not sure about other types of chips. I would ask Diablo just to be sure though.

a94cobra

Established Member
If we get the newest flash, are we getting what the 04 owners essentially have?

The 04's are rated at 24mpg on the highway and the 03's are rated at 22. So we should get better mileage aswell. Can I get part of my gaz guzzler tax back too?

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
I'm having the flash done tomorrow, along with getting my peeling paint fixed on my front bumper, and my condensation-filled front headlight replaced.

I'll post and let everyone know how it went, but it only stalls once in a blue moon, so it'll likely be a while before I know for sure. I'm also considering dyno testing it to see if the flash changed the power at all. Mine runs ungodly rich right now. (no mods)

davidmax

Established Member
I lost my computer in the great computer war.when I woke it was a box in my glove box said Gen7,kicks BUTT!!!!!,Dave Smilovic

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
Originally posted by TORCHREDCOBRA
If the dealer is the one to determine "if" you have a STALLING issue No one will have it because this is a very intermittent transient problem and is pretty much not duplicatible.

So what are you saying - the dealer has to witness it ?

My dealer witnessed it in early Nov in their parking lot. Reflashed, but nothing to "fix" it was out yet. Stalled again Monday. Took it there and told them to keep it until it was fixed because I didn't feel like dying at age 31 and that is was stupid to have a $36,000 car that I was afraid to drive my two boys who love the car around in. I told him it should only have one seat in it right now because I only drive it alone. They called me today to tell me the new reflash "fix" was received and put into my car. We shall see tomorrow.

f2fast4u

Established Member
So, has anyone with a KB chip had this reflash done? What do we need to do to make this fix work?

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
I must have been a Guinea Pig. Had mine manually flashed back in September and I have a rolling idle around 1100 RPM's with a current model IAC. Very nice. No stalls. MAKE SURE THEY REPLACE THE IAC!

Also very nice with all the accessories on. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

TORCH RED COBRA

Originally posted by 1CEBITN
They didn't have to have proof to reflash mine, other than me telling them it has happened once a month or so, on average. I put less than 1k miles on the car per month though. In 3k miles, it had happend 5 times. The flash also cured my morning cold start low rpm surge. Now the car is perfect!

Mine is still YDH1. I believe that the 04s had the fix incoporated into the AMZ1 code as well so I wouldn't bother if you have an 04.

Things sound fishy to me if this is a REAL fix. Like I said I got the previous stalling fix last October and my Idle changed and was different but it did not solve my issue and guess what my computer code changed to - YDH1 (back in October). If this is a totally new fix, the computer code should change to something other than YDH1 doesn't that seem correct ?

ROB

Users who are viewing this thread