Stall Coverter or LT's as my next mod

03Cobra1979

Established Member
I am happy with the new '14 auto and AEDs tune. The only mod I have other than suspension is an axle back. I know for sure I'll be going FI this year sometime but I am looking to have a bit more fun in the car they way it is now.

I don't like to spend money twice so I won't be getting a CAI at all. They car has 3.15 gears in it now. I planned on getting a nice Circle D that would be good for FI and treat me well while I am N/A for a few more months or get full exhaust and get some more power out of it. What do you guys think?

03Cobra1979

Established Member
I got to the track nearly every weekend in one of my rides. I tracked this car with less than 70 miles on it the day I bought it. I was thinking that I should just go with the converter since that will net me the most gain at the track.

casper gt

Established Member
if your going fi this year, wait on the converter.

an n/a converter vs. an f/i converter are going to be two diffrent units, why deal with a restall when the f/i gets installed?

Dtony

Established Member
I run a Circle D 3C converter. It works perfect with my car. I have had no issues with it NA or SC. I never bothered to restall it when going SC since it has been fine.

casper gt

Established Member
This is true. I guess my point is unless he is going for kill na, a 3c is a good choice. Obviously a 5C would require a change.

thats kinda where I was at with my first post, without knowing where the build is headed or the et's/etc he's looking for n/a, the safe money might be to wait.

I do agree that the 3c is a very good all around choice (as evident by your et's), it just may not be the n/a choice for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread