Stall Convertor recommendation

Ltnstrk

Established Member
Hey guys Im thinking about getting a stall for my truck but I dont know who to get it from. There is JDM, LFP, and JLP. I have done business with both JDM and JLP and like both of their products but I have no idea about their stall convertors.Im thinking about the 2400 stall or should I go for a 2600. Thanks for all your help.
Michael

Last edited by a moderator:

blownsvt

Established Member
i've been contemplating this also. its between the convertor and nitrous. from what i've read, i would not go with anything under a 2600. i've read that it still has great street manners with a 2600.

Last edited:

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Im running a 2400 and I Drive mine everyday could not be happier with the way it has performed. If I would of bought it I may have went to a 2600 but was allready in the truck when I bought it.

auyon

svt freak
Established Member
I have a torquo (i dont know if I spelled it right) 3500 stall on a daily driven for about 2 years and it rocks!!! over 500 hp too! and all for $399. shipped

Mark@LFP

Banned
LFP carries the Art Carr billet 13" triple clutch......................$499.00
Or the PI 10" triple clutch ...................................................$945.00

Both great product. Both get the job done. The larger clutch surface on the Art Carr means no clutch " chatter ". For daily driving and great street manners a 2400 stall is all you need.

Mark/LFP
1-281-385-5339
www.lightningforceperformance.com
" Check IT Out "

blownsvt

Established Member
Mark@LFP said:
Or the PI 10" triple clutch ...................................................$945.00

Both great product. Both get the job done. The larger clutch surface on the Art Carr means no clutch " chatter ". For daily driving and great street manners a 2400 stall is all you need.

Mark/LFP
1-281-385-5339
" Check IT Out "
so in 1/4 mile times, would you see more difference with a stall or a 50 shot? and are both converters pretty much the same? im wondering because of the price difference. thanks :beer:

Mark@LFP

Banned
Depends on what you have done to your L...ie pulley, tune, gears..etc. A 2400 stall should yield 1/2 tenths. Without risking engine damage on a stock bottom end, which is more likely when running pullies and NOS.
I offer PI and Art Carr. I sell more of the 13" billet Art Carr than PI. Both are good. Both will get the job done. With the smaller clutches the PI tends to rattle. Price difference is due to an arrangement that LFP made with Art Carr several years ago.

Mark/LFP
1-281-385-5339
" Check IT Out "

Last edited:

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
Mark@LFP said:

Mark/LFP
1-281-385-5339
" Check IT Out "

thats also more rotaional mass and more rotaion mass off the rotaion axi.... which leads to less HP. minimal but its there

Mark@LFP

Banned
Good point. No data to backup that 3" of more clutch material will reduce the HP to the wheels but it is a good point. The extra surface area has been proven to eliminate the rattle. Either way we can serve you either T/C.

auyon

svt freak
Established Member
no, its built block , I took it out about 2 years ago and rebuilt everything, manleys, cps, monsterbox, KB, ect. I use it everyday as a truck, and its still going. as good as the first day i put it together.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
Mark@LFP said:
Good point. No data to backup that 3" of more clutch material will reduce the HP to the wheels but it is a good point. The extra surface area has been proven to eliminate the rattle. Either way we can serve you either T/C.
its a proven fact. that more weight further away from the axis will require more power to turn. how much some times isnt worth the extra cost.

Mark@LFP

Banned
I understand the theory of less rotating weight. The extra 3" of raybestos clutch material hasn't been weighted. The difference is in the ounces not lbs. I do not believe the difference is measureable on a dyno or realized at the track.

The addition of a T/C into the performance puzzle is one way to improve your 1/4 without adding more boost, NOS etc.
Those that are maxed out with a stock bottom end or a built bottom end would do well to add a torque converter. The tranny is usually overlooked in our quest to be quick(er) .so are the gear ratio.
If the bottom end is built I would be doing both a T/C and a shot of NOS.
P.I. and Art Carr are available no matter which way go.

Users who are viewing this thread