Stainless Works Exhaust

samuel

Resident Clean Freak
Established Member
Morning folks

I have a question for you fellas.
Any of you guys run the Stainless Works Axle back exhaust on your GT500s?
Main reason for the question is that i have their Axle Back big core kit and the passenger side muffler rattles internally at certain RPMs, and when the engine is cold and upon decelartion.
They sent me a new replacement muffler but the issue still exists. The nosie doesn't happen with the stock mufflers. So the techs at SW said that i may have a bad valve:dw: I really don't believe so as its an 08n with 9K
I need you alls input please

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Not sure if this helps, but I had an issue with my driver's side frpp axleback's hanger bar rubbing against the hanger bracket. Took a crescent wrench and bent the hanger flange just slightly to resolve the rubbing/rattle.

Mike

CodyCobra

SVT Fanatic
Established Member
samuel i think we have the same problem but mine is with my borlas. It rattles at 2300rpm then stops at around 2600rpm. I havent found what causing it yet.

samuel

Resident Clean Freak
Established Member
Not sure if this helps, but I had an issue with my driver's side frpp axleback's hanger bar rubbing against the hanger bracket. Took a crescent wrench and bent the hanger flange just slightly to resolve the rubbing/rattle.

Mike

thanks for the response Mike,
but this rattle i have is internal, SW doesn't know what it is and i sure don't. I shook the muffler by hand and still with me it doesn't rattle except when driving:(
For $560.0 i sure have a big headache on my hand, and they are not going to refund me the money.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Take it to a shop and throw it on a lift then start it. Everything else here will just be a guess.

samuel

Resident Clean Freak
Established Member
samuel i think we have the same problem but mine is with my borlas. It rattles at 2300rpm then stops at around 2600rpm. I havent found what causing it yet.

BBBIIINNGGGOOOOO thats exactly what its doing.
Mine goes away after 30mins of driving on the highway then comes back when i come to a light.
evasive, i took it to numoreous shops and nothing was found, i really am baffled by this. At this point i'm hoping it will go away after i put some mileage on it, but still thats not normal:eek:
Cody, mine only rattles from the passenger muffler. SW told me to make a fist and tap the right side catalytic convertor, and i was hoping for a rattle but nope nothing there either.

Last edited:

smrtasp

Established Member
Are you sure its not a catalitic converter gone bad? I had a similar issue on a thunderbird SC i drive in college and it turned out to be a junk converter with something rattling around inside. It wouldnt make the noise when just hitting it either. A muffler shop put it and started the car so they could hear it from below before figuring it out.

samuel

Resident Clean Freak
Established Member
Are you sure its not a catalitic converter gone bad? I had a similar issue on a thunderbird SC i drive in college and it turned out to be a junk converter with something rattling around inside. It wouldnt make the noise when just hitting it either. A muffler shop put it and started the car so they could hear it from below before figuring it out.

thats what i'm thinking as well, but would'nt the noise be there with the stock mufflers?

Users who are viewing this thread