Stainless Works catted H vs. MRT

fmylife

Established Member
Is the SW catted H pipe that much better than the MRT?

Granted it starts at 2.5" for the stock headers, expands to 3" for the main body then back down to 2.5" to connect to rest of the system. Are the cats better than what's found on the MRT pipe? I'm thinking the SW is slightly louder due to the larger piping but unsure if it makes much of a difference since the inlet/outlet are stock size.

I'm sure everybody is tired of exhaust threads but I haven't found any good comparison of these two.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
FWIW, you could always take your stock cats, have em cut out and welded into place on a H pipe that fits your headers. I know at the very least they will be more robust than the "high flow" cats offered as theybare OEM quality.

Sirhc7897

Established Member
I originally did an ORX with stock headers and later switched to a full stainless works system with ORX (I realize no cats and an x not an h like you are talking about). But this is my take on it...

From a power perspective I think it's probably a waste of time unless you're running a bigger blower...

From a sound perspective it's personal preference but IMO the full SW system was next level awesome compared to the stock system.

The full system is definitely louder than the stock headers but I felt it was "smoother" if that makes sense. A full exhaust on the Shelby is glorious at WOT though.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread