Stainless steel brake lines

Cobrasized

Proud MCT Member
Established Member
Has anyone installed front SS Brake lines? ( Mikey?) Looking for tips on how best to do this without loosing all the fluid from the ABS reservoir?

Either way, like to discuss with someone who's done this.:beer:

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
not me, if you do the fronts you should do the rears as well. Check out the other site for the bolt in looks like factory IRS steel lines.

BlownShift

Rex Kramer -Danger Seeker
Established Member
it'll drip from the hose and caliper but i wouldn't expect much if any from the hard line..

i just did calipers/pads/rotors/hoses on the rear of my GT today and not one drop came out of the hard line.. i'm doing the fronts tomorrow

it's easy and should not take you too long... but when it comes to my car, the son of bitch ****s me every time

Cobrasized

Proud MCT Member
Established Member
it'll drip from the hose and caliper but i wouldn't expect much if any from the hard line..

i just did calipers/pads/rotors/hoses on the rear of my GT today and not one drop came out of the hard line.. i'm doing the fronts tomorrow

Are you using- 671570 - Russell Hose & Fitting Assembly Lube ?:dw:

Cobrasized

Proud MCT Member
Established Member
Yes my menu and spiritual advisor UtFan directed it as so, and cost me more money. Now I have a brand new front set for sale!

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
I feel good now that I have a positive influence on someone. Keep us posted on the results.

BlownShift

Rex Kramer -Danger Seeker
Established Member

Are you using- 671570 - Russell Hose & Fitting Assembly Lube ?:dw:

nope..

i used new copper washers... for the GT anyway, you need 10 mm for the banjo bolt and 12mm line wrench for the hose connection(on the rear... I haven't gotten to the fronts yet). Keep a pan under everything to catch dripping fluid. Even if the hard lines drip, you could let it drip for a good 30 mins before the reservoir gets low so don't worry and take your time

Cobrasized

Proud MCT Member
Established Member
Great thread on SS lines. Seems like a poor return on the cost and effort! !

[ame=http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?p=9782227]Are braided stainless brake hoses stiffer than stock? - Corral Forums[/ame]

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
I know this may sound amateur, but I need to know since I am clueless. Do the 03/04 Cobras already come with SS brake lines? For some reason I was under the impression they did. If not, will SS lines really help much in the braking dept. I already upgraded to better pads and rotors.

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
I replaced mine when I upgraded to Brembo's.

I used golf tees in the line to stop fluid leaks. Support calipers with wire instead of free hanging. Use flare wrenches to tighten. L/R side fittings are different sizes.

Users who are viewing this thread