Stainless Steel brake lines?

bullet3z

Established Member
Has anyone added a set of Stainless Steel brake lines to their 13/14 GT's with the front Brembo brakes yet? I have been looking around and there is a large price swing between the different manufacturers. Anywhere from $200 for the Steeda kit to $140 for the StopTech kit. Not sure why there is such a difference in price. I just want to make sure that what ever I order fits and is worth doing. This is of course for braking improvements when doing track days.

bullet3z

Established Member
I have the StopTech kit on my Track Pack. Everything went on with no issues.

So there was no bracket issue or anything to look for? Did you notice a improvement over the factory setup? Also what brake fluid did you go with?

Thanks for the info since I was leaning towards the StopTechs becuase they are on sale right now.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
The front bracket did not fit perfect because they list the same part numbers for 05-14 like every other manufacturer. But it was not something that made the install impossible. Here found a picture, the alternator shield thing interfered with the bracket StopTech supplied.

IMG_3860_zpsee535133.jpg

I also put in SpeedBleeders and the FRPP brake cooling kit. For fluid I used some Mercedes DOT 4LV that I had on hand from a previous car.

chao5.0

Established Member
I use the Goodridge ones and they went on just fine and all brackets and bolts holes were used, I hear the Vorshlag ones comes with a little more line to keep the lines from being to tight during turning lock to lock and during full suspension droop. I know I could've used another 1/2" to 1" of line.

Thalilbear02

Established Member
I used the Goodridge lines as well matched with Motul 660 fluid and Hawk HP+ pads. A huge improvement over stock, and on track days it holds up very nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread