Stained Anniversary Leather Seat

coco

Established Member
The driver seat has been stained by my leather belt and now you look at the seat at the lumbar area and you can notice this black line over the red leather. I used Lenox cleaner and Triple Crown Leather cleaner and the stain remains. I have read about using a damp cloth with a mild soap to clean it but leather and water don't mix as I have been told.

If anyone has had this experience let me know. I really wouldn't like to have it dye and worst to buy a new seat but I will if I have to.

FredK'03Cobra

Established Member
My favorite choice for cleaning leather is Murphy's Oil Soap. Very gentle, but effective. It can be used staight or mixed with water. Because of the oil base, it leaves the leather very soft. If that doesn't work, try an upholstery shop, they should have some ideas to help out...

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Try Kiwi Saddle soap. Don't use it with any other cleaners though, it opens the leather pores and usually will take the unwanted die out.

AFTER you have tried that, go back with some hairspray if its not gone.

My dad had this happen numerous times and this is how I got it out. You will have to try several times.

Also, make sure you try the hairspray deal somewhere else on the seat first.

I've had it take out pen marks and everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread