Stage IV Port + 2.76 pulley

NFCstang

I probably don't like you
Established Member
Ok, searched and found a lot of conflicting information.

Bearing in blower snout went bad so I ordered up a Stage IV ported blower from Stiegemeier with a 2.76 pulley.

Car already has a 2.8 pulley, JLT RAI, Accufab throttle and plenum, SCT tune and cat back. Last dyno was 459/469 in summer VA weather (95+ degrees with humidity).

I found a used SCT 2400 MAF that's going to go on at the same time as the ported blower and I'm not going to be running a lower at this time

Am I going to need a BAP as well? Or if I'm close can I tell my tuner to detune it a little bit until I can get a BAP?

Thanks

Fuerza

Established Member
Most likely you will need a BAP. I needed one before I received my stage IV port. Datalog the car to be sure.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Definitely possible, I would do the PPRV delete if you haven't already and that might buy you a little wiggle room from the fuel system. As was stated above, you'll need to check out your fuel pump duty cycle to see what's going on once you get it back together.

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
yes get one. why risk running out of fuel. if you plan on doing more mods you will need one anyway.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Forgive my ignorance... but can someone explain what the BAP does, and how it's installed? Pics would be great! Also what is a PPRV delete? I'm really new to these cars, so I'm trying to learn all I can to safely upgrade my car.

thanks, Brian

MustangThief

Established Member
A BAP is a KB Boost-a-pump.

It basically shocks your fuel pump to allow more voltage, allowing it to flow more fuel.

PPRV delete, you'd have to do a search on, as there's tons and tons of threads on it.

NFCstang

I probably don't like you
Established Member
Ok...just ordered the BAP.

I saw the threads with the installation of the BAP with the wire upgrade....

How hard is it to do the basic install?

MustangThief

Established Member
Ok...just ordered the BAP.

I saw the threads with the installation of the BAP with the wire upgrade....

How hard is it to do the basic install?

Don't skimp.

If you're gonna do the BAP, do the wiring upgrade with it.

It's worth it.

You can get the wiring upgrade at lethals site for a good price.

MikeW

Established Member
When i was running that very set up I had a duty cycle without the BAP that was right at 97-98%. I was going to add a 2lb lower so I added the BAP and wiring upgrade to have the room to do that. I added the BAP & upgrade but not the lower and my FPDC went to 88-89%. I did have a maf-xtender before I added the ported blower. I would say that you will run out of Maf before you run out of Pump.

If you add a lower 2lb/4lb+ you will need to add the 60lb injectors to be on the safe side.

If you cant find a BAP how to let me know and I will post a link here. The BAP and upgrade can be done in an hour... so dont sweat it.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Thanks for the info! It's tough for us new guys when the acronyms get tossed around in these threads!

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread