Stage IV or V with a 2.93

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
I'm finally starting to mod. Magnaflow catback is on and the enjoyment I'm getting from that makes me want to make a trip to Steigemeirer's. Besides with all the new cars coming. 300hp here, 375 there, and 400 becoming more common I need superiority insurance.

I'm thinking a 2.93 for great streetability and less wear on the supercharger, but I'm not sure whether a Stage 4 or 5 is better. Thoughts? Those with experience?

Appreciate the help!

mrose75

Established Member
Look into the "More is not always better" thread. It's discussing the difference between stage 4 and 5 with different pulley combinations.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
do a stage IV and go with the 2.76. Driveability and the longivity of the blower will not suffer.

id do a 2.93" with a 4lb lower or a 3.10" with a 6lb lower myself, itll give you way more belt wrap than just a lone 2.76".

Your blower, if ported, is now better suited for spinning and moving air, so might as well take advantage of it. not much gain if you are gonna do a ported blower with just a 2.93" as opposed to a unported combo.

Should also start looking into tb/plenum combo, and you *might* need to take a look at the fuel system to run a ported blower at those levels, if anything a BAP and MAF Extender for "insurance" or just in case.

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
thanks for the replies. When i visited steg's in the spring he suggested 2.93 with a 4lb lower. Was wondering if the 2.93 would give me good bang for the buck and skip the lower (more cost)

The car is unported, and stock tune JP

NVR KNO

Z06 + SVT
Established Member
I have a StgIV with a 2.8upper and a 4lb lower.... Combo works great and the car pulls hard though out the whole entire powerband.

If you dont want a lower pulley, then I would suggest just going with a StgIV with a 2.76upper and be done with it....

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread